An obvious question would be, "What is MS?".
For me and my family, it's about "who" is MS?
My sister has MS. She is a face of MS.
MS: Multiple Sclerosis is a disease that affects the brain and spinal cord.
The nerves in each are damaged by one's own immune system. What normally fights off
infection and foreign bodies, mistakenly attacks normal tissues. The body's self-defense
system gone terribly wrong! There are many autoimmune diseases. In this broken world we
live in, we often live with/deal with broken bodies!
People with MS deal with loss of muscle control, coordination problems, vision problems,
among other things. The damage that is done to the mylen around the nerves is
permanent. One of the hardest things can be the constant fatigue. A "clinical, debilitating,
can't take another step, tired of waking up tired" fatigue. (How the Lord brings this to my mind
every time I whine......"I'm tiiiiireddddd"!!)
I'm proud of my sister. We were all so devistated when she was diagnosed nearly 8 years
ago. She maintains such a positive, take control attitude about dealing with this disease.
She of course has her breakdown times but, then she's back up, telling everyone "don't treat
me like I'm sick!"! :o) To look at her, you would never guess. She keeps going, living her life,
dealing with relapses as they come, and moving on! I don't know that I would do as well with it!
My sister 'has' MS but, she is not MS.
She always has a smile, always thinks of others and does for them first, is a generous giver,
a terrific aunt, fun loving sister, servant-heart wife, loving daughter, and faithful friend. If you have
met her, you know how 'bubbly' and talkative she is, and how contagious her laugh can be!
I love her very much. I appreciate the friend I see in her now, that I didn't when we were young! I try not to worry. Only trust in God's plan.
I'm praying for her now. She's going through a relapse. 5 days of intense IV steriod treatment.
Starting a new, more aggressive drug to slow the progression of this demon inside her.
Thank you for lifting her up as well!
2019 IS GETTING AWAY FROM ME!
6 years ago









1 thoughts shared:
I prayed for her by name last night. What a great post, and reminder!!
Post a Comment