Thursday, January 31, 2008

All in a day........!!!

This afternoon, I went here:

To pick up:

Simple every day task, right?! Well, I get out of the car, just for a moment to talk with my friend B and...... I lock :

in the car.....with the keys in the ignition.....car running!!! Another friend standing there, T, calls the nonemergency police number. Tells them a 3 yr. old is locked in a running car. Within seconds we HEAR and SEE this:


The nice female officer gets out of the car.........I am SO embarrassed!! "Thank you so much for coming!" "No problem but, I don't have the tools to open the door......." So, then we HEAR and SEE this:

and a second later..............we HEAR and SEE this:

Now, if I wasn't embarrassed and ashamed enough already.............all these guys jump out, putting jackets on, grabbing instruments and running to the rescue of my AngelA!!! She just watched...........patiently waiting......wondering what all the fuss was about!!!

J's watching from the sidewalk saying........"This is the most awesome day of my life!" His ultimate heros came to rescue his sis!

They were all so wonderful! Very kind! Very understanding! Thank you SO much men and women in service to us!

Then, we went with above mentioned friends and their children to the new indoor jump place in town! Boy, I needed the release!! Hope your afternoon was calmer and much more uneventful!

11 thoughts shared:

Jennifer said...

And they lived happily ever after! What a fun day for your son...and memorable for all involved. Glad everyone had a happy ending.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Think of it this way...All those sirens were worth avoiding paying the Pop-a-Lock several $$$ ! :-)

Love,
Quiltermama

Nicole said...

I passed that fire truck wondering what the emergency was..... oh girl!

In Christ's Arms said...

oh Becky...that is so funny...I love the way you told the story of your day!! I once had a neighbor do that very same thing but she was in her drive way. We called pop-a-lock, and since a child was in the car they did it for free. Now that was several years ago and I don't know if it is still free or not but it would be a lot less embarrassing. :>

The Saenz Family Rawks said...

That's hilarious! I could totally see that happening to me! I love the way you told it.

Anonymous said...

I bet J. was OVER THE MOON to see those fire trucks! I especially like the pictures you included in your novice blog that ain't so novice anymore. I am totally switching to your blogging service...I can only add one picture at a time.
CeCe

Anonymous said...

Kinda reminds me of the time you locked the door of your running car in the rain at K-Mart!

The things you do to make Justin's day!!

Love - Aunt Suzanne

Becky said...

Must say that I appreciate my sister remembering that! That was so long ago! College days, I think? That was fun times too! :o)

KTandEMYsmom said...

You are so awesome! When I locked one of my girls at the age of 2 in the car before putting her in the car seat I got her to roll down the power window...very scary, but all the men in uniform was fun for J. Love the way you told the story...I will have to borrow that soon...if I can ever figure out how to post the pics in the middle of the story and not just at the beginning.
hahahaha....

Becky said...

Yes, Anna could have reached the power window switch with her foot from her carseat however....I keep the window controls locked from the front seat b/c she plays with it all the time! ugh! :o)
Friday, when I went to pick J up, I took the spare key in my pocket!!!

alice said...

Too funny, Becky! I never would have dreamed they would seriously call in all emergency services for keys locked in the car. Of course, if AngelA was not strapped in her carseat, that changes things all together. I did that once with Zman but hubby was in town with the other key so we didn't get all the bells and whistles (literally). Since then, I had a key made that only unlocks the door and I keep it on a hook type clip attached to the keys. Any time I get out of the vehicle, I grab that key. I still get paranoid that one day, for no reason at all, that key is going to not work anymore. Can you say "traumatized"??? Just me though... Zman never knew anything was wrong!