Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dear BabyJ.....a major decision was made for you......

Sweet BabyJ,

We brought you in to our home, feeling called by the Lord to do so, to help your young parents...for a short time. (You see, we know your young father......he is our nephew......and your grandpa......well........your Dada grew up with him! :) )

Soon, things went from bad to worse for your young parents and the state decided to step in and formally remove you from them for a time. All the 'important' grown-ups decided that you were going to stay here, with your great uncle and aunt. Since there was no way we could see you leave and be sent to a foster home, we were very glad about that decision! For months,your young parents struggled with things in their lives........lives that were far too young to be responsible for another life! They wrestled with deciding what would be best for you and in the years to come, we promise to do all we can to help you understand it all.

This journey began back in April. You were only 2 and 1/2 months old. Now, you are so big at just over 9 months old!! You have grown and changed so much! You have the sweetest, easiest going little personality. You know us.......not as 'uncle' and 'aunt' but as 'Dada' and 'Mama'. Not as 'cousins' but as 'brother' and 'sister'.

Last week, we went to a very important 'meeting' concerning your future. Something they call a 'hearing', with a judge, and lawyers, and volunteers who care about you. There was lots of 'grown-up' talk and after some time, and some questions, the judge decided what he was going to do. Everyone agreed and everyone was wanting to do the best thing........for you.......and for your young parents.

The judge decided that you should stay with us.......forever.........for always. Your young parents had already made that decision too. They signed a very 'grow-up' piece of paper saying that they love you but they just couldn't take care of you like you needed.

So BabyJ, as your now big sister Agirl says, we are going to "n-dopt" you!! We are all very excited! Your adoption is so very special, just like Jman's and Agirl's were. You were born into this family and now you are being adopted into our home!

We love you very much BabyJ! We'll be so proud to call you our son and look forward to all that God is going to prepare you for in your life!!

13 thoughts shared:

Amy@theredheaddiaries.blogspot.com said...

Being "n-dopted" myself I think this is pretty awesome!!! So I am sending congrats and prayers your way :)

ps: I love the new layout :)

LL said...

i have tears reading this...so beautiful. congrats!

love the new look too!

Melba said...

Oh so sweet, you have me in tears!! I got a chill when I read your line about Baby J. staying forever and for always. I know you will be excellent parents to Baby J. the same as you have been to Jman and Agirl. I am so happy for you.

Hugs,

Melba

Patricia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
I am so very happy for you!
God Bless!

mommaof3 said...

Made me cry!! He is so blessed as are all of you guys!

Myrna said...

Now how am I going to stop the tears after reading that? What a beautiful family you have! God knew you could handle 3 kids beautifully! :)

Jackie said...

Oh, Becky, I'm totally crying! This is so amazing, so special - the love you have for your newest addition is so evident, and I know Baby J is so blessed to be a part of your family! Congrats!

Christy said...

Becky, how exciting for your family and especially for Baby J! I am crying tears of joy for all of you tonight!

Susan said...

May God Bless you and your new addition. You all are great parents and having God have had all of this worked out this way is so special. He is a VERY special little boy to now have you as a mommy.

Deb said...

Such a sweet letter to your son. Your baby. I know you didn't even know you'd have this second son but God did and He took care of all the details. Congratz BabyJ.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is so sweet.

Rebekah said...

This is really special. What a sweet day for your family.

MommaJen said...

beautiful Becky! how exciting for your entire family!