Monday, December 14, 2009

A blur.....

This Christmas season has been a 'blur' for me thus far...........not sure what else to call it. It's already the 14th and I don't know how that happened!

Don't want to say 'blah' because I love this time of year and don't feel blah about it at all!

However, with a baby in the house this year, along with 2 other children, it just seems really different.

I'm tired. I haven't done nearly as much decorating as I usually do every year. Not nearly! My house it not near as neat and tidy. And, aside for the occasional batch of sugar Christmas cookies with Agirl, I don't see myself getting any Christmas cooking or baking done this year!
Above was our tree last year. Beautiful, I know! Love that tree!


This was my table in my entry way last year. One of my favorite 'spots' during the season. Well, the little tree gracing that table is our Christmas tree this year! Now, it's on an end table in the living room, crammed full of as many ornaments as Agirl could force on it! And, with a coloring changing star on the top that is bigger than the tree!

With a nearly 11 month old crawling around and pulling up, I just couldn't win the battle of the tree this year! Also................I'm just tired! Too tired to put up that big tree!

Adjusting to three children has been quite the challenge for me! And, with all he extras that come with this time of year..........I am just tired. However, I am focused on what it's truly all about!

School finishes up this week. After that, can I just REST..........

4 thoughts shared:

mommaof3 said...

totally feel your tiredness......3 is just a bunch. it was a big shift, especially mentally, for me! maybe that explains the state of my house for the last 3 years ;) You are just getting to my level of untidy-ness...

:)

MommaJen said...

I'm sure things are very different with 3! Just enjoy them - the tree can return again next year!

Texascece said...

Yes,,,,I feel your pain but it does get better, I think:) CeCe

Deb said...

I was tempted to just not put up the tree this year but Dave wanted it. So the bottom half of the tree are ornaments she can take off and not really hurt. I knew I didn't have the energy to be reminding her to not touch the ornaments.