Thursday, March 6, 2008

Interview with angels....

The other day, when I was feeling particularly overwhelmed with this task of mothering, I said, "Let us all just sit here calmly together and sing "Kum Ba Ya My Lord" talk." The kids thought I was nutso but, it was fun and amidst the tickling, here are some things I learned when asking them these things.....

(I'm not too sure about the post title.....not always angels!)

Where is your favorite place to go:

Jman: The Bounce
Agirl: at Luke's party (was at The Bounce!)

What is your favorite food:

Jman: Cool Whip (what?!)
Agirl: spaghetti!!

What are your favorite colors:

Jman: maroon, yellow, and blue
Agirl: blue, pink

What is your favorite treat:

Jman: brownies
Agirl: cookies

What is your favorite thing to watch on TV:

Jman: Scooby Doo
Agirl: Wow Wow Wubzy (comes on Noggin)

Where is your favorite place to go on a trip:

Jman: to Nana's and DeeDee's
Agirl: to Noah's house (hummm, a friend out-weighing the grandmothers...)

What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy:

Jman: shop at Academy
Agirl: make coffee (this will make another post!)

What is your favorite restaurant:

Jman: GattiTown
Agirl: McDonald's

What food don't you like:

Jman: avacado
Agirl: stuffed peppers

When you think of Mommy...you feel:

Jman: happy
Agirl: feel better

When you get big...what are you gonna do:

Jman: take care of my children (I LOVE that he said that! Good job Coach Dad!), be a firefighter
Agirl: ride rollerskates

What is your favorite song:

Jman: "I'm Going Home"
Agirl: go 'round and 'round ("Wheels on the Bus"!)

Who is your best friend:

Jman: Ian
Agirl: Tori! Sophie! Natalie!...........in other words "I'm 3, everyone!"

What is love:

Jman: sweetness!
Agirl: What's it called? (not understanding the question!) thinking.....and then....."a hug"!

What is love to me..............isn't it simple............and obvious............


"Thank you Lord for the fun, tickly times that make the challenging times so worth it!"

8 thoughts shared:

KTandEMYsmom said...

AWWW! You and coach are doing a great job with those precious kids!

Susan said...

What sweet comments and sweet kiddos!

By the way, I sent you an email from the email link on your blog, did you ever get it?

alice said...

So precious! So sweet! I'm thinking we are gonna have to have some of the same kind of conversation over this way! I love getting those kinds of answers!!! Too bad we don't think to ask those kinds of questions more often!

Anonymous said...

I liked your first suggestion!! I remember the days when mine was young, of singing "Kum Ba Ya" to regain my grace and patience on the hard days! :o)
hugs!
J

brickmomma said...

SWEET!

I often ask questions like that, I love getting the answers!

MommaJen said...

very sweet - my eyes teared up at the mommy question! Those things put everything else in perspective, don't they?
Have a great Spring Break - no blogging for a week - wow!

Laura Brittain said...

Becky, that is SO precious and what a brilliant way to calm everything down. I was tearing up reading their sweet answers. I'm going to have to sit down and do that with my boys. They are so funny! I'm almost afraid of some of the answers! :o) Thanks for a precious post and a great idea next time the pressure is building up! :o)

Myrna said...

Great job writing down those questions and answers! Why didn't I ever think to do that with my kids? So sweet!