This is another brag....
on my wonderful husband.....
He comes home the other evening and, without a word, hands me this letter, lets me read it, and waits for my reaction:
"Dear 'Coach',
Congratulations! You have been selected by "Hall of Fame" student, GD, as an Honored Educator. Hall of Fame students are selected by the Consolidated High School faculty as having shown leadership skills, school spirit, responsibility, and over-all Tiger Pride. Each of these students is asked to choose an educator who had a significant impact on their public school career. G has chosen you. In celebration, the CSISD Education Foundation invites you and your guest to join G at the "Hall of Fame" Banquet at PC Country Club."
Wow! I can't say I was surprised.......this is not shocking that he should be chosen for such an honor! I was proud! I am very proud!
This is what teaching and coaching are all about! Knowing that you have deeply impacted the life of another person, hopefully influencing them to be more than they thought they could be!
It's more than a special honor coming from a former student. He's had the recognition of principals, peers, and a school board. All of which are significant however, do not measure up to that appreciation and acknowledgement from a student! It is the greatest honor!
I am thankful for this godly man and coach in my life! He models Christ to his students and athletes. He implements a character building curriculum in his athletics program because it's more than a 'game' and more than winning on the field! He's quick to tell anyone that he knows that God has him doing what he is doing, where he is doing it, for a purpose! It truly is his ministry and that is so awesome!!
It's wonderful to see this fruit of his labor and I look forward to celebrating with him at the banquet in May!










6 thoughts shared:
that's awesome! Way to go Coach Day - we hear good things about him all the day from our middle school students at church! It's nice to get the affirmation occasionally!
Way to go Coach! He has touched, and still touches so many llives at such a crucial age! To be honored is special. Just think of the lives he's touched that he will be honored for in Heaven....
Way to go Coach!
I got the same letter from Margaret Marks, a former student. I cried!!! Guess I will be seeing my buddy Coach (and hopefully my BFF????) at the dinner. Joe and I are going!! See you there. Noone deserves it more than Coach D-according to my oldest son!
Cece
WOW! What a special honor. I know that your are very proud!
How cool is that?!!!!
Congrats, Coach!!!
congrats!!! What an honor!!
Post a Comment