that is the question!
Spring Break is next week....officially begins Friday.....at the last school bell! WooHoo!!
Looks like we are going camping.
Now, if you know me well at all.....you are thinking "You're going, not just Coach and the kids?", "You've got to be kidding?!", or you are simply rolling on the floor laughing!
I am NOT a camper. Never been a camper. And, while I love and appreciate God's wonderful creation of the out-of-doors, I love and appreciate air conditioning, hot showers, hair dryers, and indoor plumbing!
OK, I've been 'camping' 3 times that I recall. (Middle school student council trip, couple's retreat with Coach, and Ladie's retreat) Coach says none of them count because they were at church campgrounds with cabins, mess halls, and indoor plumbing. I say it still counts!! I was having to rough it on some level!
So, these dear friends of mine (don't worry Beth and Sharyl, I've already decided that you will be the "to remain nameless" people in this post!) cook up this great plan that our 3 families should go camping together. Something about fellowshiping together, growing our friendships, enjoying the bonds our children have developed, blah, blah, blah....I didn't hear all of it. My mind started whirling and swirling at the thought of it all!
Well, check out where we are going! A private park in Lake Livingston area...doesn't look too bad! And, this is what really rocks......we have rented a cabin!!! Now, I am pumped!!! While the guys, kids, and some of the "to remain nameless" gals, may be hardshipping it out in the tents, this lady is sleeping INSIDE, in a bed, with a kitchen, and a BATHROOM!!!
This kind of camping I can handle!!! :o) I figure I can make this sacrifice for my family! And my friends! They are all so excited about it...who am I to squelch that?! Between the 3 families, we have 6 boys and 2 sweet little 3 yr. old girls going. They all play together so well and I know they will have a BLAST! (I'll be big enough to admit if I have a good time too...and actually like it!!)
Watch for pictures of our adventures after Spring Break!










8 thoughts shared:
Good luck and have a great, relaxing time!
I am not a camper either so I can totally relate. I'm sure you all will have a blast though -- praise the Lord for cabins.:)
I don't do camping but I might consider a B&B by a lake if they kids slept outside:)
CeCe
I'm a non-camper as well - kudos to you for being a good sport! let us know how it works out - I may could try that form of "camping" as well. N has been begging me to go camping with him and Lance since their adventure last summer but I just can't do it yet!
You Go Girl! Tell coach to feed Jman some chips and red kool-aid for me....LOL
Sounds fun fun fun!!
We are trying to cook up a trip of our own....let me know what worked and what didn't!
Sounds like a great time! Hope the weather straightens up for you! Can't wait to hear/read all about it!
Great memory Mel!!! I will tell both of them to eat that again in your honor! Sorry I missed that trip with you! miss ya greatly!
Post a Comment