Thursday, August 21, 2008

10 and 3

One is 10 years old. The other, only 3.


Yet, they are friends.


They like to hang out together. Listen to music. Read books. Play dress up and jewelry. Ride bikes. Rock dolls. Play games.


They share the same birthday month only, 7 years apart. Yet, they are friends.

One, is our neighbor Em. The other, my daughter Agirl.


Em is so sweet. So mature for her age. So kind and loving with her 3 yr. old friend. She knows how much Agirl loves her so, she is so sweet to spend time with her and give her special attention. Many kids her age might just shrug her off, not have the time for a little, younger 'kid'.


She'll come over, just to see Agirl. To play with her. Read to her. Listen to her preschool music. Help feed and rock her dolls.
Agirl enjoys going over to Em's house. She gets to visit and feed the Guinea pig. Play in all the 'big' girl clothes and jewelry. Get her toenails and fingernails painted.


Agirl loves her! Loves the attention she gets from her and their special time together.


Today is special. Em is over all day while her mother is away. It's been a good day and they have had fun together. (Great day for me as well as I've gotten all caught up on laundry with someone to help keep my baby girl busy and happy!)

I know there will come a day when the 7 years between them will widen. Em will get busier with friends her age, dating, etc.

But, I have a feeling that she will not leave Agirl behind for long. I see a sweet friendship and some special memory building times that I hope my daughter will always remember and treasure.


Thank you Em for being so special! I hope my Agirl grows up to be a lot like you!

I too love hanging around you. Talking with you about girl stuff and fun things. You are so fun to talk with and I hope Agirl and I talk like this! I had such a blast last year, helping your mom with your sleepover birthday party! Hanging with you and your girlfriends gave me such a picture of what I dream times with Agirl will be like! I know your mom, whom I'm glad to call a friend, is proud to have you for a daughter!



Blessings and hugs Em!

post signature

11 thoughts shared:

Quiltermama said...

How sweet! :-)

Gail Lewis said...

NO gail actually said:

I am glad Agirl has an older friend to model some of the things that you also show her. I remember being this older friend for a little girl down the street for me. I assure you it is mutually beneficial for both the older and younger friend. Em sounds like a nice girl.

I read your blog everyday. . .just don't always comment. I excited about your new car, Justin's great camp experience, and Justin starting 3rd grade. So many things I wish I were there to share with you in person! I miss you.

Susan said...

What a special friendship!

brickmomma said...

how sweet!!

Nessa said...

Isn't amazing how kids are? I've always been fascinated by the fat age makes so little difference to them. I am so glad your daughter is blessed with such a special friendship!

Kimberly said...

How precious that the Lord has provided this special friendship for your little girl! And how nice that you got to get some laundry done! :) I am now at home again with just one little girl who is 3. And she LOVES to play. Oh, well. I never seemed to get much laundry done anyway. :)

Thank you so much for your tremendously encouraging comment you left me. I was so blessed! May He refresh you as you are a refreshment to others!
Blessings,
K

Genny said...

This was so, so sweet. What a special friend your daughter has!

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful post :)

MommaJen said...

that's very sweet - I'm sure A adores her and will remember her always!

Bri said...

How sweet! The kindness that children have is amazing to me. It is sad that so much of that goes away as we age for many people.

Hope said...

Seeing the pictures and reading the post was so super sweet. Older friends sometimes are the best.