Monday, August 25, 2008

My son's been adopted.........again!

Here's my sweet kids. The annual 'at the front door first day of school , hurry up so we can leave, picture'!



First day of 3rd grade for Jman. He was excited. Sister was admiring him....wasn't she?!!

See the all black, athletic looking 'just like my Dad the Coach' look!! He does have nicer looking clothes!



My son was adopted into our family on October 28, 1999.



This past Saturday, August 23, 2008, he was adopted into God's family!!!! (Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." John 1:12)



The Lord has been working on him for a long while now and, Saturday night, he told his dad and I that he prayed and asked Jesus into his heart!!!!!



He was so excited and told us that he wanted to go forward at church Sunday morning and share it with everyone! And, that is just what he did!!! Now, he is excited to soon follow Jesus in baptism!



"I tell you that in the same way there is more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." Luke 15:7



We are rejoicing! Along with Christ and the angels! Saturday night, the Lamb's book of Life was opened for our son and his name was written there...................forever!
("My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one." John 10:29-30)

Jman, we are very proud of you! We know that you have known what 'the answers' were to all the questions since you were very young. You've heard the truth and could repeat it back all your little life. Now we know without doubt that you have matured into understanding what the answers/truth means and that you have accepted it as your own. We know the love you have for the Lord will continue to grow, as you mature in your faith and your walk with Him.
We pray daily that you will follow after Him and all His ways, all the days of your life.


We love you so much! Here you are, first morning in your new classroom! Last night you said, "I'm starting 3rd grade tomorrow with Jesus in my heart!"
You sure did!!

Are you rejoicing with Jman? Leave him a comment here that we can save forever!!

post signature

27 thoughts shared:

Nessa said...

Oh wow! I am so rejoicing with you and yours! What an awesome thing! It made me all teary eyed! Sending huge hugs, congratulations, and prayers your way!

Anonymous said...

i was so excited when i saw you walk down the isle at church yesterday. that's so awesome. congratulations.

Melba said...

Congratulations!

In Christ's Arms said...

Welcome to the family Justin! We are so proud of your profession of faith and that you had the courage to publicly show it! You will be in our prayers and we look forward to seeing you in Heaven for eternity!!!!! The angles are singing and rejoicing in Heaven.

Amanda said...

Yea J-man, what a great way to start the school year!

Shannon said...

Welcome to the family, Jman!! Mr. Gary and I were so happy to see you down front on Sunday!! Did you know that was our Mackensie that was baptized yesterday? Great day!!

Tracey said...

Welcome! You are now grafted onto the tree! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Dearest J-I was wondering if you would accept Jesus soon since your mom has been telling me that you were asking a lot of questions about Him. That is JUST how Ethan was right before he accepted Christ. I am so glad that you are my BROTHER in Christ! YAHOOOOO! Wait until I tell my kids!

Love,
Mrs. CeCe

Susan said...

That is awesome!

brickmomma said...

Wahooooooooo!!

Way to go Jman!!!!

Anonymous said...

Justin-I am so excited for you and so honored that you shared it with me and allowed me to share it with the kids in Sunday School! You are such a special young man and I'm so blessed to be your Sunday School teacher this year! Welcome to the family!

Love,
Mrs. Lori

MommaJen said...

What wonderful news! and a great way to begin a new school year! Blessings on J and your entire family!!

Kathleen said...

So happy for you, JMan! That is so awesome and I am so sorry I missed seeing you walk the aisle in church yesterday. So excited for you as you start third grade, too!

Elizabeth said...

Awww! And the tears start!! :) God bless that little boy of yours.

LL said...

Congrats JMan!!! What a wonderful and blessed committment you have made! I truly believe that the Lord was smiling and beaming with pride as you accpeted him and made a public acknowldegement of your faith. God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Cute pic of the first day! Jman, welcome and I am so excited to have you has my brother in Christ.
This is wonderful and I am so happy for your family.

Pam said...

Oh, Becky, that is so cool. What a blessing! Give my new little brother in Christ a hug from his old cousin :)
love ya

Quiltermama said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you Jman!!! Big hugs!!!

Kelly said...

What wonderful news! Yeah Jman! Congratulations, so happy for you.

Deb said...

How wonderful. Welcome into the family JMan!

Gail Lewis said...

Justin, we are glad you are part of our big family. Our hearts rejoice with you for making the best decision you'll ever make. I have seen you grow up in the truth and now you will learn to walk in it. We are praying for you as you learn more about Him each day. What a super way to begin third grade : ) It made my day to read this blog entry. . .this is what it is all about! People everywhere need to hear the good news so they can choose Him too.

Donuts R Evil said...

Let me be comment #22, Jman! What can I say but "WHOOOP!!!!!" I wish that I had been in the service to see you!

wg

Genny said...

How wonderful! That is so great! You must be one happy mom!

Kimberly said...

HOORAY and HALLELUJAH!

Oh, the plans God has for you life, Jman! Plans to give you a hope and a future! Plans to prosper you and not harm you! I am so excited for you! So excited that you have given your heart fully to the One who loves you so dearly, your Father in heaven!!!
I know that God's heart is bursting with joy!

Sweet blessings to you, Jman, and all of your family!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. I am so excited for you! What a wonderful young man you are! May God continue to bless you and show you the way.

alice said...

That is AWESOME news! I love watching the Lord working in the hearts of the youth in our church! Seems He has big plans brewing for them all!

Congratulations, Jman! We are so proud of you! Zman will certainly want to see you "get dunked"! ;-)

Becky, please let us know when the big day is!

Hope said...

That is such a beautiful story. Brought tears to my eyes, there is just something about a babe in Christ being a babe nearly himself. I was 6 when I was saved and I remember it like it was yesterday, the feelings the tears and the peace that my Heavenly Father had me in His hands!

YAY...Tell my BIC (brother in Christ) Welcome to the family!