I love this picture of our family. It was taken by our friend Liz, this time last year. We did a sitting with her for Christmas cards and Christmas gift pictures for family. We didn't get that done this year......(sigh)..........there's next year.............
My heart is very reflective today of all the things I am thankful for. Amazing what thoughts can flood your mind as you clean out closets, organize a messy garage, and prepare your home for the Christmas season!
My Savior being my Lord first of all...............the 3 people pictured with me above follow.........these are things I am most thankful for.
My husband would have to be the greatest gift I've been given. Despite our ups and downs and my imperfect attitude at times, I never have to doubt his love for me.
This morning, I found a note he left for me. It made me cry............in a good way. I have a old, deep hurt in my heart and he says his heart is broken seeing me suffer! One of those wounds that has run long, and deep, and will surface and boil and fester every now and then. (Unfortunately, it's 'now' and 'then' again, right now!) I know there is more God wants me to do to deal with it and heal it. I just haven't been able to. Band aids only stick for so long and then they lose their grip!
"Becky, I prayed for you this morning. You are my wife and I treasure you above anything else on earth."
There was more that's for my heart only.........and............he gave me this scripture:
"Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing." 1 Peter 3:9
My husband prayed and God gave him this verse for me that I needed right now.
I am called to bless those that hurt me, so that I can be blessed.
I am called to forgive those that hurt me, so that I can be forgiven. Even if they don't ask.
This scripture haunts me at times!
God continually reminds my heart, and my mind, that we are only here for a bit of time. This is not my home. This is not where my treasures lie.
I don't have the fanciest house, in one of the 'it' areas, the nicest wardrobe, fancy trips and travels, the latest gadgets and conveniences, etc., etc. but..........these are not the things that matter most.........not the things I want.
I am so very thankful for all that I have here, we have so much more than many, and I don't want to take it for granted. But, I do long to make my heart content in thoughts of what is to come! And, in the people and relationships that I have!
Jman told us the other night that he has been sharing the gospel with some of his unchurched friends. What an example..........in a 9 year old body!
Lord, may I not brag on much but only boast in the things You have done!
Blessings on this Thanksgiving!










11 thoughts shared:
What a blessing you are to your children! God Bless!
You and your family are such true witnesses for Christ. God bless!
I have been overcome by thankfulness today as well. Brought to tears several times already and it isn't even three pm!
What a gift God gave you in your Coach! Wonderful wonderful!
That was beautiful...thank God for the gift of a loving and understanding husband!
What a guy, it is so awe inspiring when they know what we need and when we need it. They don't know we are out of milk and need some but a lot of the time they get that most important needs - the ones of the heart and spirit.
I love the picture.
Those now and again hurts are deep, you are in my prayers.
Tell dear husband thank you for the verse - I so needed it today as well.
beautiful - what a wonderful husband!
I am thankful for you, BFF!!
CeCe
Amen. Miss you lots. Sending a long distance hug. Thankful for you and Steve and your long/steadfast friendship to us.
gail
Thank you for your sweet comment. I am not sure how or when but I would love to meet you and your family one day. When I think about the way I want to raise my children, how I want to show them and teach them about the love of our Lord, I think of how you and Coach are raising Jman and Agirl.
You're so inspiring! I know how painful those now and again hurts can be... and just how deep they run. Do you ever wonder just how people manage to get through without our wonderful God? I am so thankful I am one of His children.
(((Hugs))) Pep
Beautiful picture. Your kids amaze me. JMan sharing the gospel at 9. I wish I had that confidence to do the same.
So glad that your husband is such a gift.
Post a Comment