We're having a great family weekend!
I love these!
For starters, our church's Preschool and Children's ministries host this once a month:
For only $5 a child, you can drop them off at the church for a night of fun and fellowship with their friends from 6-10 p.m.! So moms and dads can have fun and fellowship without them!!
How awesome is that?!!!
During football season, I don't get any Friday Night Out date nights with Coach. Especially when our high school makes the playoffs......which they did.
However, last night, Coach did not have to scout!!! And, the playoff game is today so.................I got a date with my honey last night!!! FUN!!!
We were excited about it all week long!! Doesn't take much folks after 16 1/2 years! :o)
We started with an AWESOME meal at Red Lobster! I had 3 different yummy kinds of shrimp, my fav!!
I must say another "Thank You" to my Secret Sister for the gift card for my b/d!!! If you are reading this Secret Sis.............."thank you sooooo much!!!"
After dinner, we did something very exciting and romantic!! We Christmas shopped, together, for our children!!! It really was fun! I usually do most all the shopping by myself each year so I really enjoyed having Coach along! I think we got most of it knocked out for the kids!
The kids and I are going to go shop for our two Angel Tree children this afternoon. Angel Tree is a project of Prison Fellowship ministries. Our church participates in this and the last few years, we have 'adopted' children to buy Christmas for. These children have a parent, or parents, who are serving time. If it weren't for others, these children probably would not have much Christmas at all. The gifts are labeled from the parent.









3 thoughts shared:
What fun for your kids to have at Friday Night Out! And I am so glad that you and Coach had a great "date" too!
What a great thing you and your family are participating in this Christmas with the Angel Tree!
A date night! Way to go! You can read about our exciting kid-free night on my blog. Me and the kids went Angel Tree shopping this month. We got a 7 year old girl and a 4 year old boy. Guess who got to pick the kids out? It wasn't me! We had a great time choosing just the right gifts. I hope that y'all have fun, too!
I wondered what TRS meant....ahhh!
Glad you had a productive evening! And a workout, too....you are beating me!
Post a Comment