Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I hate MS...and a Giveaway!! CLOSED








I really do...........I hate MS. (Multiple sclerosis interrupts the flow of information from the brain to the body and stops people from moving. Every hour in the United States, someone is newly diagnosed with MS, an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system. Symptoms range from numbness and tingling to blindness and paralysis. The progress, severity and specific symptoms of MS in any one person cannot yet be predicted, but advances in research and treatment, made possibly from the funds raised in events like the Walk MS, are moving us closer to a world free of MS.)


My sister has it and I see what it does to her. It's a horrible chronic disease.
As amazing as the human body is, it's unbelievable that there are those diseases that make the body attack itself.
Part of living in a fallen world.................the nonexistence of perfect health.

I'm excited...........in 11 days, Coach and I will be participating in Walk MS in San Antonio!! I like knowing that we'll be contributing toward all the research that has come so far to help those with MS.
The Lone Star MS chapter is there to help and offer support to those in our state afflicted with MS. I like knowing that because we give donations to this chapter, someone won't have to choose between paying their light bill or getting their MS therapy, if it comes to that for them.

I really detest soliciting for money. However, for this cause, for my sister, I have done it! I have quite a few readers that are sponsoring me in this walk with their donations to the National MS Society. I can't thank you all enough! I've read so much about all the progress in the area of MS research and I pray that you will be greatly blessed for being a part of that!

And check this out!!!! This is the T-shirt that I designed for Coach and I to wear for the walk! I love how they turned out!

Now................what's up with the giveaway?!

Coach and I are going to make a weekend get away out of our trip for the walk! We are so excited about this opportunity as well!! The kids are going to get spoiled, quality time with Nana and we are going to get some peaceful time alone!

I thought it would be fun to do a bloggy giveaway.........in honor of our efforts to help Suzanne and others fight MS. I'm going to give the winner a $10 gift card to their choice; Target, Starbuck's, or Kohl's (If you win and don't have a Kohl's, we can probably find something else!)! Also, I'm going to make a $10 donation in the winner's name on my fundraising site!

To enter:
1) Leave a comment here, telling me your favorite place to eat in San Antonio. We might be up for trying something new this time! If you don't know S.A., never been, etc., how about your favorite restaurant, there might be one there!

2) If you follow this blog, see the sidebar, leave another comment telling me that so that you will be entered twice.

3) I will use the random number generator (always have wanted to do that!) to choose a winner on Tuesday, March 3, at 10:00 p.m. Central time. Be sure I have a way to get in touch with you and, I will also post it here on my blog.

Here's your chance to leave me a comment!! I know I have lots of readers who never do that! I'd like to hear from you!

Keep my sister and our walk in your prayers!
Blessings!

40 thoughts shared:

Christy said...

Becky, what a fun giveaway and for such a great cause! Have fun on your walk and weekend away! I have visited SA once and the riverwalk was so neat, but I don't remember any restaurants. I do love Mexican food and Starbucks, though! :) I follow your blog and enjoy reading your posts!

MommaJen said...

Becky, glad you're doing a giveaway!

Acenar - www.acenar.com is my fav restaurant. It's on the Riverwalk, but it's a little more contemporary and less "touristy" if ya know what I mean. It's a good place to go without kiddos too! They have seating outside!

Have a great trip! And hope the walk is very successful!

Kathleen said...

How fun! Our favorite on the Riverwalk is Rio Rio. There are lots of fun places on the Riverwalk though and it's a great place to people watch, if you enjoy doing that. Zuni's on the Riverwalk used to be very good too but haven't been there in a while. The original Rudy's is great too on I-10 going out to Boerne. I'll try to think of some more!

Anonymous said...

Anywhere on the riverwalk away from kids...is fine with me. Sign me up. Next payday I will donate too:)

CeCe

Anonymous said...

Second entry for Kathleen.....for following the blog.

-B

Amy said...

What a great giveaway~ the donation part is especially nice. Of course I wouldn't turn down a Target card any time, either! :)

I've never been to SA, unfortunately. Here in Ohio my favorite restaurant is probably Panera Bread... their soups and cinnamon bagels can't be beat!

maria said...

Well, my favorite place to eat is in St. Petersburg, FL (the Columbia) and isn't in San Antonio, but I think you'd be good with any brightly lit, off-the-beaten-path Tex Mex place. Good luck and thanks for the giveaway!

msanchezmasi (at) fmtcs (dot) com

Mommy Kennedy said...

We really don't have a particular "favorite." It depends on what we have a coupon for! If I had to choose, I would say Chili's. http://thefrugalkennedys.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I've never been to SA but I would imagine any type of resturant without the interuption of children will be a good one! Go mexican, that's my vote! Thanks so much...

barbarajane129(@)yahoo(dot)com

lydia said...

I have never been to San Antonio, but they may have a Cheesecake Factory there. Mmmmm!

Count me in please!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for entering me :) What a wonderful gift and giveaway. I know 2 people with MS and it is hard to see how this disease takes them down. My prayers are with all sufferers.

I have not been to San Antonio, but chances are that there is an Olive Garden there :) That would be my favorite.
zokiemichael(at)sisna(dot)com

LL said...

My fave restaurant in SA is on the Riverwalk...another poster also said it-Rio Rio!!! There is one dish that I always get there but now of course I cannot think of it..but it does have shrimp in it! ;)


This past weekend, outside of SA we went to Texas Pride BBQ...So YUMMY!!

Have fun! Prayers for your sis!

Anonymous said...

I have never been to SA but I understand Mexican food is amazing there? My favorite restaurant is Chili's right now since I got those Bzz Agent free q's. YEAH for free food! charlenegale at yahoo dot com

Deb said...

What a great giveaway. And thanks for sharing what MS really is. I've never taken the time to learn. I'm glad I can pray more specifically for your sister with this knowledge.

Our favorite place to eat would have to be a Mexican place down on the river walk. I don't remember the name but we went there with Dave's grandparents when I first met them and then again on our honeymoon. We always visit that restuarant when we go. And we loved to feed the ducks while we were there. I miss SA.

Deb said...

And I'm now a follower!! :-)

Amanda said...

Becky, I don't know much about San Antonio, but my favorite place to eat is the Road House.

Anonymous said...

Second entry for LL for following.

-B

Anonymous said...

Second entry for Amanda for following.

-B

Anonymous said...

Entry for Nessa for following!

-B

Jen said...

Haven't been to San Antonio yet (we are going this summer to visit relatives though) I love Olive Garden.
I too hate what MS does, we have a friend who has it and I hate to watch her go through the pain she does (with her chin up)
Thanks for the chance

StephanieC said...

What a great thing you're doing. San Antonio is beautiful, make sure you do the whole Riverwalk & stop in a few flea markets! Any Mexican restaurant will knock your socks off, as long as you can tolerate the wandering singers/guitar players :) Thanks for sponsoring a giveaway!

scg00387 at yahoo dot com

Shannon said...

My favorite place to eat is Cracker Barrel....but I only get to eat there when we go on vacation since there aren't any in Cali. If you don't have CB, I second the Olive Garden vote! Thanks for all you are doing...
dands229 at comcast dot net

shaunjoy said...

So sorry to hear that your sister has to deal with this disease. We've had friends who've personally struggled with this as well.

I've never been to SA, but my favorite restaurant is Thai9. I'm a fan of Thai, Indian, and Mexican cuisine!

Sarah said...

Awesome!!! My favorite restaurant right now is Takara for sushi. But my favorite chain restaurants are now Texas Roadhouse and Olive Garden. My family adores the environment at Texas Roadhouse with being messy and eating a zillion peanuts and the occasional wait staff dances! :) Great contest!!! My son's kindergarten teacher was diagnosed with MS and it is horrible!

Anonymous said...

I've only been to San Antonio once on a business trip, but I loved it! We always ate somewhere along the river walk and everything was good!!

Anonymous said...

I loved San Antonio! I visited several years ago. My favorite chain is Carrabbas but I would skip chains and enjoy something on the riverwalk if it is not too expensive. Thank you for your beautiful post and generosity! My nephews have an autoimmune disease MG and it is heartbreaking!
rbjj32825[at]lycos[dot]com

Buki Family said...

ive never been to san antonio so you might need to let ME know where to eat when i go! But i do hope the weather will be nice for you guys and your walk!
sabeckstrom at yahoo dot com

Christin said...

I was in S.A. a LOONNGG time ago. So I can't remember much in the realm of restaurants. But I do love me some Olive Garden!! :)

Now I'm off to peruse your site...

ABCD Diaries said...

la margarita's is yummy if you like mexucan food:) thanks!
christinbanda@yahoo.com

ABCD Diaries said...

i follow:) thanks and have a great time at the walk:)
christinbanda@yahoo.com

Amy@theredheaddiaries.blogspot.com said...

What a horrible disease. I know a couple of people who have this one is doing quite well and the other got bad very quick and has stayed that way for years. It's so sad. What an awesome thing you doing! I love the t-shirt :)

I have never been to San Antonio but hope to someday. My favorite restaurant would probably be PF Changs. Not very Texas like I know but very yummy. I love their lettuce wraps!!

Thanks for the great contest. I will be praying for you and your sister. Good Luck!!!!

Amy@theredheaddiaries.blogspot.com said...

It's a good thing you had me check to see if I was a follower. I thought I was but I wasn't. Now I am :)

Nicole said...

I was in San Antonio for a few months while I was in the military. I remember that the Mexican food was amazing.

CC said...

I hate MS too!!!! My friend has it. :(

Adoption rocks.

I've never been to San Antonio though. Can I still enter???

Jackie said...

Wow...my heart is hurting right now because one of my good bloggy friends was just diagnosed with MS yesterday. I started doing a little research on it today, and I am so excited that you will be doing this walk!

I have been so SA once, but it's been so long that I don't remember where we ate. It is such a fun place, you will have a blast.

My fave restaurant is Pappadeauxs...we don't get there often, but it's always a treat when we do.

Blessings...have a fantastic trip!

Jackie said...

I'm a follower! :)

Tessa said...

Sounds like so much fun ... what a great weekend getaway! I have not been to San Antonio either ... but I would definitely go with Mexican also!

My cousin has MS ... so I will definitely be donating the cause also!

Tessa said...

I already follow ... not sure if I was supposed to write another comment ... and I am excited because my last comment was #37 ... our lucky number!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I've never been to San Antonio but my family and I enjoy Ruby Tuesday. There maybe one there that you can check out.

Thanks,
Sabrina
ksclist@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Becky- I hate MS too! The niece of one of my best friends was diagnosed with MS shortly before she turned 16. My friend's brother was also dianosed with MS around the same time.

I have never been to San Antonio, although I'd love visit some. One of my favorite resturanunts in Texas Roadhouse. My runners up are Outback Steak House, Red Lobster and Olive Garden.

My email adress is webkinzfan@hotmail.com. Are you on Facebook? If so I'd love to be
your FB friend.

Tracy