My friend Jennie is good about posting some of her son's artwork....which is so great, especially for a 7 yr. old!
Well, I had to throw this one in..............Jman came home with this the other day...............
a self-portrait that he did in Art class, from holding and looking in a mirror. We just thought it was amazing! It's one of those that you have to mat, frame, and hang in a special place on the wall! (Granted, after it's been ironed!! What did he do to this thing?!) I love it! (I think it's cute how his eyes are looking over to the side....glancing in the mirror!)
He has never been one to care much for coloring, drawing, or painting although, when he really applies himself, he's pretty good at it!
I'm very proud of this!
Now.........Agirl tonight at bedtime.......................tells me..............
"I'm the prettiest girl of anybody!"
You see, her Dad and I do a good job of telling her often how beautiful she is..........and how important it is to be beautiful on the inside!
I said, "A, that's really a prideful thing to say and something you would not want to say to anyone else. You might hurt their feelings or sound really rude."
She comes back with, "Well, I think it's OK right now because it's only me and you I am telling, Duh!"
Yes, she 'duh'ed me! She does it often! Nothing like having an older sibling from whom to learn all the finest in the English language!
Did I ever mention how much I love these kids?!!!
2019 IS GETTING AWAY FROM ME!
7 years ago









12 thoughts shared:
Cute post! Dman is almost to the point where his artwork will start to adorn my wall - I have one hanging on my fridge now! I saw a really cute idea for saving all that great artwork. If you have a scanner, scan them all to your computer, then go to a photo site like snapfish.com, shutterfly,com, etc and make a photo book out of them. Then you can keep a coffee table sort of book without having to keep all the originals.
PS - You blog looks GREAT!
Like the new look. Very springy.
Great picture. Very clever to draw it that way and with such detail.
Kids are so funny! She was just being so honest.
I like Christy's idea for the artwork. I'll have to remember that one.
That is BEAUTIFUL! You should be one proud mama :)
That is a great picture!!! Defintely a framer :) Love the attitude from your daughter. I wonder what they will be like in a few years....hopefully we will survive!!!
JMan did a great job on that picture and I just love sweet Agirl.
I do love that picture, how very sweet! That conversation with Agirl made me laugh! I remember my little sister responding with "I know" whenever someone told her how pretty her long, red hair was. We tried to explain that to her too, but to no avail. :)
I love your "mom" stories...they are sooo sweet! :)
Melba
WOW, Jman's portrait is amazing. I think his art teacher should enter it in some kind of contest.:)
By the way, I LOVE your new blog look. Very cute!!
You have so much to be proud for :) I just love that picture you posted of your little blessings on your sidebar.
And I love your new layout!! Daisies are my favorite flower.
About your comment: Yeah, neither of my boys have been on antibiotics before today. Zack almost made it to his 5th birthday!! I always think their immune systems are weakened because of how often they catch the sniffles but when I think about it, they must be really tough! :) I lived on antibiotics when I was a kid.
oh this is great! I too wonder what happens to these pics to get so wrinkled!!!
and yes little girls taking their language clues from big brothers - we have that at our house too!
love the springy look!
that is great...kids got skills! Your blog is lookin great too...love the daisies...my fav!
Hey, you commented on my blog not too long ago... just wanted to let you know I'm blogging again and would love to get to know you!
THat's fantastic! I'm so impressed!
Post a Comment