"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life ad breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live." Acts 17: 24-26
Only the Lord, as He knit us together in the inner most depths of the womb, knew how long we would live and breath once we were delivered. His word says that He set the times and the places that we are to live.
Last night, I was thinking of a friend whose time here, according to me, was way too short. She was way too young, only a few years older than me. She passed away over 2 years ago yet, I still think of her often and miss her! We taught together. She was my aide for one year and became my friend for many. She was full of laughter and personality and enjoyed making others feel good. She was with me through many medical procedures in our efforts to conceive. She was there for me when we didn't.
She was there for me through a failed adoption match. She was there with me when we finally adopted our son! Next to family, she was most excited when he finally made it here!
I came across pictures of her the other night. I watched the DVD of Jman's first birthday party. There she was. 'Alive' again on the film. Silent tears just rolled as I watched. She loved my family. We loved her.
We kept in sporadic contact after we moved away from each other. She was a faithful friend to call me on my birthday! That first time after her death that the call didn't come.............was painful!
I found her only child, a daughter, on FaceBook last night. I sent her a message. She remembered me! She was only about 7 or 8 when we moved. She has now graduated high school and is in her first year of college! I can't believe it!
I shared with her how much I miss her mom. She can't express in words how much she misses her mom!
As I cleaned my kitchen late last night...............all I could think about is how we have no guarantee of another minute here. K went suddenly and from what I understand, although she had had some health concerns, she went unexpectedly. My mind raced with thoughts of S, her daughter. They were so very close! I want that with my daughter!
Sad thoughts. Of how K was not there for high school graduation. Won't be for college years and graduation. For her wedding. For her grandkids.
More tears as I scrubbed dishes.
My heart was praying, crying out, almost begging God to let me be around long enough to see and share in all the phases of life with my children.
There is no guarantee.
He spoke back to my heart and reminded me to take it daily. Live in the moment, as it is said. Enjoy everything as if it could be the only time.........the last time.
It sounds so 'cliche', so over-spoken. However, it is so true.
My friend K was the type that would not want me to be sad over missing her. She would fully expect me to keep enjoying my time here......to the fullest. And I do!
I am so thankful to have known her and had her in my life.............during a season in which I really needed a friend like her! I miss you K! And love you so!
Enjoy your DAY today............every moment........










3 thoughts shared:
what a thoughtful post. thank you.
I love this post, I needed this post. Funny how I too have a friend lost too young, but touched so many. I have thought a lot about her lately and I needed to read this.
I believe telling those I love that I love them often...sending love to you my sister in Christ!
ohh I love your lil sign on the side of your blog...but you can't hide from me forever MUHAhahahahahaha
Post a Comment