Tuesday, March 3, 2009

An open letter to my bank teller.......

Dear Mr. Drive-Thru Window Bank Teller,

Thank you for the service with which you provided me today.
Driving to the bank is a chore that I really dread because it so inconvenient for me. It would really help if there were a branch of my bank much closer to my home. I do appreciate the polite and quick service once I arrive there.

While I get giddy and excited over the thought of coming to cash a check and get some money, the 4 yr. old, well, all she thinks about are the suckers. You know, those hard, round candy things on a stick that any good bank teller knows he/she must have a big supply of.
So, as I send my check to cash and cash to deposit up through the tube, I ever so politely ask that 2 suckers, not one, be returned back to me as well. The 4 yr. old impatiently waiting for a blue one also wants one to give her brother after school.

Well, young Mr. Bank Teller who waited on me today, it is obvious, for the obvious reason as well, that you are not a Mom. When you tell the Mom who then tells the 4 yr. old that yes, you have suckers and yes, you will send 2 of them out to you, you MUST do it! You have no choice once that promise has been made!

To my dismay, and the 4 yr. old's immense grief, I drove away to open my envelope, only to find..........the cash I had requested..........and................NO suckers. Not even one.............much less 2........much less a blue one!

Mr. Bank Teller man, do you know what it's then like to drive another 5 miles or more, to the grocery store, with said 4 yr. old kicking the back seat, screaming, crying, yelling, and slinging snot? All over a sucker?
No, I don't suppose you do know.

And, all I have to say is.................."Thanks a lot!"

What a morning it was running errands after that!!! :o)

8 thoughts shared:

Susan said...

Oh my -- sorry that happened to you. I did not even know that they still handed out suckers anymore at banks. I am glad that my kids do not read blogs!!:)

TBSHARP said...

Dear Mrs. Customer Lady:

I am so sorry for the confusion over the suckers. I was working five lanes by myself because my coworker was unable to show up on time today because they have "whatever is going around". I inadvertantly put the suckers in the wrong envalope. I am sure it was a mental mistake because I sent them to a grown man in a white pickup that was whining about how his account was overdrawn and what were all these extra "insufficient fund" charges. I apologize and hope that maybe your 4 year old will grow out of the screaming, crying, yelling and slinging snot before they are old enough to drive and overdraw their account. Yours truly, Over Worked & Under Paid

Becky said...

Thanks for helping him out there Tracy! :o)

Jennifer said...

That is so funny! Poor Agirl. :) I've been through that drama before, and we now bank at Kroger.

MommaJen said...

been there done that girl - I feel your pain!!

Deb said...

LOL! So the moral of the story is to have a secret stash of blue suckers hidden in the car when this happens again!

Laurie said...

I agree with Debbie.

Dum Dums in the glove compartment helps with traffic jams as well...especially the cherry cola ones for mom. :)

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.