Thursday, March 26, 2009

I really don't like bragging.....

The Bible says, "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth."
Proverbs 27:1

I take this to mean that we should not brag or boast about our circumstances because in an instant, those circumstances could change. What do you think?

I've known people who constantly seem to 'brag' about their jobs, positions, salaries, children, homes, vehicles, etc., etc. It's always bothered me so, I strive to keep myself from doing the same.

The old adage, the Lord gives and the Lord takes away, is never too far from my mind.
A job, home, car, big salary, 'good', 'smart' kid, could all be gone tomorrow.
I have nothing to boast about but Christ himself and everything I have is because of him.

Knowing all of this, I've also heard it said that, "It ain't braggin' if it's true!". I don't know about that......

What I do know is, at this moment, I am VERY proud of my little man J! No doubt we would record it here in our family journal.

That test..........the first BIG, state required Reading test my 'baby' was faced with several weeks ago .............

he made a perfect score. Didn't miss any. So, take that 3rd grade TAKS Reading test!

We are proud of him! We are thankful for his God given abilities and proud of his hard work! And, like his momma and dad, it does take hard work........it doesn't just come easily.

Way to go Jman! We love you! We had no doubt you'd do well and that you would certainly pass. Congratulations for exceeding that!

7 thoughts shared:

brickmomma said...

wow! way to go jman!!!

Jackie said...

Brag away - that is awesome! So proud of you, J-man!

Kathleen said...

Congrats, Jman! That is so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Told ya...just like playing baseball. Gotta learn how to play the game:) Ethan hit a homerun too:)

Cece

Kimberly said...

Way to go, J man!!!! I would be one proud momma, too!

Wow...look at your blog! I love it!

K :)

Susan said...

Wow, that is so awesome. I know you are so proud of him, as you should be. That is such a testament of what great parent you all are to him!

Nessa said...

That is awesome! My own Miss Ashley made a perfect score as well! Now, if we could just get past that mean old math TAKS...