Friday, February 29, 2008

"Time to buy bird food!"...


This is a view from my kitchen window.

An old birdhouse that the previous owners left when we bought the house.
I love that while they moved on to a new home,
they left this; so that the birds that have come to love it year after year still have their home, where they know it to be!

In our past two springs in this house, I have seen many baby birds hatched here. I have seen their little beaks poking out of the hole and seen mom/dad fly in to feed them.

This morning, I heard this little guy/gal singing to me! A sure sign that spring is on it's way...right?! See him/her there,blending into the old, weathered house!?

Angelgirl was SO excited to see and hear this! She started jumping up and down saying, "Time to buy bird food! Time to buy bird food!". We have a special 'ritual', she and I, each spring and summer. We fill the various bird feeders in the front and back yards together. We like to watch as the birds come and snack.
We're going to go this weekend and buy some new feeders and get the bird food!
This bird house and seeing my little friend this morning brings this verse to mind, when I'm tempted to get caught up in the worries of my life; how our modest, mostly single income will provide for all we need. I think God had a grander plan for this bird house remaining outside my window! "Thank you, Father!"

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable then they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:26-27

4 thoughts shared:

Susan said...

I always like reading your blog entries. They are always so inspiring and make you think. Thanks for posting them!!

brickmomma said...

Chris used that verse Weds night...so true!!

Hope your head is better.

alice said...

We have some birds that come twice a year and make a mud condo on our front porch. Not such a fun, sweet thing for us. They haven't showed up yet this year but you have inspired a blog entry. More to come later...

Becky said...

Thanks Susan!
I wish I'd heard the sermon, Brick! It's so hard to go up there on Wedn. nights....
can't wait Alice!