My little........not so little anymore......angel man will be 9 tomorrow, Oct. 20th!!!!
9!! 9 years old! So unreal to me! I still don't know where the time has gone!!
Tomorrow, I will post especially about him.
This post is a quick summary of his birthday celebration this weekend.

Jman wants a cookie cake. I can handle that! No problem!!
Until the cookie dough starts running over my baking stone, and all over the bottom of the oven! What's that burning smell?
No problem. I'll just catch it on these cookie sheets, trim around the edges, and let it finish cooking.
That is no problem until....my kitchen is FULL OF SMOKE!!! Exhaust fan barely working (new discovery, never needed it before!). (Coach says, "You stopped and took pictures?!!" Of course I did! Who wants to forget this?!!
Throw cookie sheets with smoldering dough out in to the backyard!
Open front door, back door, and all windows to clear smoke. Send Agirl running out into the backyard so she can breath.
Makeup melting off my face as I get baking stone out of the oven and take cookie cake to patio table! All while holding a wet towel over my face so I can breath!! It was bad!
See red, flaming black cookie dough on bottom of oven!
Throw fist fulls of flour in there and grab fire extinguisher from the cabinet!
Should I call 911?!!!! Wouldn't that just make the party!!!
Honestly, I think my child would have loved to have a firetruck in the front yard and a hose running through my living room!
Praise the Lord! Flames were averted and but for smoke and smell, all was well!! Look.......
It didn't turn out too bad!!! (Tasted a little like smoke-burn to me however, Jman and his crew did not seem to care!!! They gobbled it up!!)
Where was the 'party' while this cooking fiasco was going on?
Coach had taken Jman and two good buddies to Grand Station for some putt-putt, laser tag, and arcade fun! My plan was to have the cookie cake baked, decorated, and ready to eat when they got home!
Instead, they walk in to a house full of smoke and charbroiled, flour coated, burnt cookie dough everywhere!! ;o) What a memory!
They had a great time!! A little sand play.


Some pizza, cake, and ice cream! 
A little clowning around! Shake your groove thing N!! :o)
A few gifts..........and more clowning!

Gotta have a movie and popcorn before lights out! (Agirl did not get to camp out with the guys in the living room. She tried her best! Threw one of the best tantrums I've see in awhile!) They were great to let her watch the movie with them. Dada gave her a special treat and let her camp out in Mama's bed for the night. All was well with the world!We had a great time with these kiddos! I'm so glad Jman has such good friends to help him celebrate. It was hard on him to choose just 2 but, we had to limit it for a sleepover somehow!!
Blessings!










9 thoughts shared:
Happy Birthday J-Man!!!
Oh my! Well, I am glad that all turned out well considering everything that happened!
That is such a funny story!
I love the sight of the sleeping bags on the floor. So much fun!
My nieces always have these big blowout birthday parties (literally every year) and I always think of what they are missing out on by having just a few close friend over to stay up late and giggle with!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
ps...you always stop and take pictures...you couldn't call yourself a blogger if you didn't!!!
Happy Birthday J-Man!! You had me laughing.
That just cracks me up that you stopped and took pictures!! Happy Birthday, Jman!
how wonderful - glad it was a great day! he will never forget this b-day with the smoke and all!
hee hee
Oh, my!
So glad you got it all under control! You go, firefighter Becky!
:)
That's some mad cookie baking skills! The finished product looked great!
Post a Comment