Monday, October 13, 2008

You say it's black....I say it's white....

I find it fascinating that the good Lord created us all so differently.
Very fascinating that He draws us to people that will balance us out, that seem so different from us however, they "make us work" in just the right way.

As in spouses........
Do you see you and your spouse on opposite ends here?

The Dead Sea: Stores thoughts and feelings, talks little.
The Babbling Brook: Tells all. Whatever they hear, see, or think, they tell.

The Robin: Rises early, alert and singing. "The early bird gets the worm!"
The Owl: Awake at night but come morning, the "Do Not Disturb" sign is on the door!

Aggressive: "Let's go get it!" "Let's make it happen!" "Seize the day!"
Passive: "Let's wait till it comes to us!" "Everything comes to him who waits."

Neatnik: "A place for everything and everything in it's place."
Slob: "Where is it?" is their most asked question.

The Planner: Plans ahead. Takes care of every detail.
The Spontaneous Doer: "Don't waste time planning. We'll work out the details as we go."

The Butterfly: Flits from event to event. Life's a party.
The Raccoon: "Can't we just stay home tonight? I'm tired."

The Professor: "Let's be logical." "Think about it."
The Dancer: "I don't know why, I just do." "Why do I have to have a reason?"

The First Class: "It doesn't matter what it costs, we deserve it!"
The Economist: "We can save lots of money, and economy is nice enough."

The Jogger: The aerobic exercise-jogging. "My goal is the marathon. Rain or shine, I'll be there."
The Walker: "I don't want to ruin my knees by jogging. I want to enjoy the scenery as I walk."

The Channel Surfer: "Why waste time on commercials? I can watch three shows at once if I omit commercials."
The Commercial Watcher: "Can't we just enjoy one program instead of seeing parts of three? Besides, we can talk during commercials!"

(From "Personality Opposites", Home Life magazine, Oct. 2008)

Well, I am a "Babbling brook, Owl, Passive, Neatnik, Planner, Raccoon, Professor, First Class (stifled!), Walker, Commercial Watcher!"

And yes, I married my opposite!! :o) Thank the good Lord!!

What about you?

Blessings!


post signature

8 thoughts shared:

Nicole said...

LOL! That was fun!
I am a babbling brook, owl, aggressive, neatnik, planner, butterfly (this was the only one I debated on- the others were very black & white for me! :), professor, first class (YES, becky- stifled!!!!), jogger & commercial watcher
and, YES, Donnie would not answer those the same way I did. I will get him to take the test- whenever he gets done channel surfing- ugh!

brickmomma said...

I wanna watch the commercials, too!

Jackie said...

Oh, I LOVE anything to do with personalities, so this is great. I am a:

Dead Sea
Owl
Passive
Neatnik
Planner
Raccoon (big time raccoon!)
Professor
Economist
Walker
Split on the last one...

And of course my hubs is the opposite on a lot of these...I guess God knew what he was doing when He put us together!

Elizabeth said...

I am also married to my opposite, which is really fun and interesting... unless it's football season! Then, it's only slightly uuuughhh. Heh.

Thanks for stopping by and for your thoughts. I'm okay. Time and God are both healing me and my days are getting easier. I nominated you for an award btw so check my blog.

Anonymous said...

This was a hoot! I too married a complete opposite but hey opposites attract right! Great post I love it.

Anonymous said...

Coach said:
He is the exact opposite of me on all of these! Of course! It's GREAT!!!
"I really liked this post."
And, I'm sure he would write, "I love ya babe!" :o)

Kimberly said...

This is great! :)
My man and I are for sure opposites, but we compliment one another so perfectly! Okay, so my babbling brook drives him a little crazy some days, but he still loves me. :)

And thank you for your sweet, sweet encouragement. I have prayed that God will give me the wisdom and courage to maybe pursue something like what you suggested.
Thanks, friend!

Blessings,
K :)

TJ said...

Wow, I never knew I had so many personalities. I might need counseling. ha Thanks for the article.