Friday, October 10, 2008

Just life......(Updated a little)

Hi!
I've been asked, mostly by family but, by a few loyal devoted readers as well! :o)...why I haven't posted in awhile.

The answer is simply............LIFE!
Things are good, just............BUSY!

3rd grade again is challenging! :o) I passed it once and then taught it............why am I having to do it again??? Oh yeah..........that whole it's 'part of being a parent' thing.

Jman is not playing a sport this semester. We took it off to get settled into 3rd grade and see how things would be. He'll start Upward Basketball soon and he is excited about that. He has been helping his dad on the sidelines at his football games. Well, at least he's been down there, having fun! Not sure how much 'help' he's been! I've heard them hollering for a ball or a tee and then see Jman dancing and clowning around! :o)
*Last night, Jman performed with all of 3rd grade at the PTO meeting. They did a patriotic mix of music about our great country. It was great. You can't tell by his face here but, he was very excited and happy about doing this! We heard the song "Fifty Nifty United States" a thousand times since they started learning it! (The picture is blurry! My camera doesn't take good pictures from too far away!)

Work is good. I really enjoy my job as Assistant to the Director at our church's Preschool. Most days are busy and full of lots of different tasks and things going on and my beaver-type personality loves that!! (More on that later if you haven't been schooled on the animal personality types!)

Tuesday mornings I go to women's Bible study. Sunday evenings, I work in AWANA. This year, I am the Cubbie's Bible story time and music leader. I see two groups of kiddos for twenty minutes each. I am really enjoying it and hopefully they are too! I have missed this aspect of being in the classroom with preschoolers so, it is a nice way to get my 'fix' with them!

Agirl keeps me busy having fun, reminding me that it's important to take and make time for painting, coloring, playdough play, and puzzles. She is doing very well in gymnastics, building her skills and learning new things.

Remember the '80s?!!! No, I did not let her go to gymnastics in these leg warmers........uuummmm, my socks!
One must look her best and fix her face before gym. class! Altho, she won't let me do anything with that hair! She informed me today that "it's not cool to wear headbands and clips"!!
She is absolutely LOVING going to Weekday Preschool! Yesterday, we went on the annual Barnyard field trip. Here's a few pictures of our time there. We're still working on perfecting that 'model's smile'!!

Petting a baby calf.
Posing in front of both baby calves.Holding a baby chick altho...........her teacher told them not to pick them up! Way to go hero and follow directions! :o) Sorry Mrs. Bri!


On the big tractor!
Mrs. Bri helped her up so she could pet the horse.
How do you like this smile?! She was soooooooo cooperative with the camera this day!

The kids always complete the tour with a delicious Blue Bell ice cream sandwich treat! Her favorite thing was the baby chicks.........and the ice cream!
Baby Sparky is doing well. He was 2 months old on the 5th. He had his first shots on Tuesday and got a good Puppy well-check report. Housetraining is going................yeah, it's going. He's doing quite well with it although still accidents when he's 'free' around the house. He is a lot of fun and good therapy at 9:00 o'clock at night when kids are finally asleep!! :o)

That's about it for here, for now!

Blessings!

post signature

6 thoughts shared:

MommaJen said...

glad things are well with you - fun times!

Genny said...

I know what you mean about being busy! What cute, cute pictures!

Anonymous said...

Right there with you about being busy I am ready for things to start slowing down but I know they are only going to get busier especially with the holiday season coming up. Love all the pictures, especially Agirl in the "leg warmers" Too Cute!

Kimberly said...

You certainly have a full but richly blessed life! Love the pics of your super cuties...even your new hairy super cutie. :)

Oh, and my girls have all quit wearing hair bows. Hello? When did it become uncool to look absolutely adorable at the ages of 3, 5, and 7? :)

Have a great weekend! I know God's heart is so blessed to see how much you adore your family!

LL said...

Thanks for the great update! Agirl is a hoot about hair clips and headbands not being cool. And the flashback to the 80's "legwarmers"!

Jackie said...

So glad you posted...and what fun pictures! They look like they had so much fun seeing the animals. And...it is already not cool to put stuff in their hair??? Oh my...I better enjoy it while I can!