I love summer! I love the time I get to spend with my kids.......no rushed schedules, no homework to worry about, no practices or lessons, no work for me for 2 months, less work for Coach,......etc., etc.
Just time to plan to do what we want to do...........or nothing at all!
Today was a fun day! My kiddos are going to Vacation Bible School at an area church(not ours). It's Agirl's first VBS. It struck me as being a really neat thing after I left her this morning. Kind of a milestone..........my baby's first VBS experience! I remember having so much fun at VBS growing up! She didn't cry because thankfully she has a friend that is going so, she wasn't that scared.
Then, the afternoon was full of fun times with our great neighbor friends!
This is what the kids did when we got back from the pool:

Set up a lemonade/fruit punch stand. Fun times! I remember doing that as a kid. The only thing.....my friend Shannon and I didn't recall being able to charge .50 cents a cup!! :o) More like .10 cents maybe! A sign of the current economic times!
This is where the story gets better....how the stand idea was born.
Shannon's son, I-man we'll call him, told her that he wanted to collect some money for "the needy". He said that as he was going through his change one day, he realized that he had so much and he wanted to give some to "the poor". How awesome is that?!!!!! He shared this idea with my Jman and he decided that he wanted to help. So, all funds from the stand are going to a charitable organization that they will choose! Super duper cool beans!!!! They had the perfect spot picked out! On the back side of Shannon's fence, on the main street entrance into our subdivision. And the perfect time, about 5:15.......as everyone is driving in from work! Now, wouldn't you stop for that cute little girl in the pink!!



My little man is not working very hard here!! Just waiting for it to rain quarters!!
Just sitting there, looking handsome.........despite needing a haircut...badly!!
The cute little girl in pink is not working very hard either!! :o)Shannon and I suggested that maybe they all do a little something to attract some customers......maybe some cheers, dancing...............
So, Jman gets up, dances a little jig and...........people stop!
So, Jman gets up, dances a little jig and...........people stop!

I-man and Agirl start doing cheers and...............people stop!! That's Shannon's daughter, Egirl, helping them as well. She kept the cups coming as the other crazy kids stopped traffic!


Best buds! They raised about $15....not bad! People were excited and proud that the kids were making money to help others in need and they were more than willing to leave a 'little extra'!
They think they'll do it again sometime soon.

Best siblings! Look at these two hot, red cuties! You have to buy cold drinks from kiddos this sweet looking!!
Here's Agirl playing around with Ms. Shannon as things were slowing down.

Best siblings! Look at these two hot, red cuties! You have to buy cold drinks from kiddos this sweet looking!!
Here's Agirl playing around with Ms. Shannon as things were slowing down.It's so wonderful to have good neighbors who are GREAT friends!
I-man is sleeping over with Jman tonight. I better go see that they are winding down watching Scooby-Doo and getting ready for bed!
Happy Summer times!
Blessings,









9 thoughts shared:
how fun Becky....I always stop at lemonade stands and buy some!!! I love them, they are the best!!
YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD!
Too fun and too cute!
The kids down the street had a stand a few weeks back. My kids thought it was the coolest thing ever...
We lived out in the country so although I wanted to, I never was able to do the whole lemonade stand venture. What budding apprentices you have on your hands!
Or maybe I should say philanthropists! ;-)
how fun - something you've got to try at least once in life!!
Thanks for coming by and commenting!
I love summer too. Looks like you are enjoying it with your kids. Have a great VBS week!
I hope your kiddos have a great time at VBS! I loved VBS when i was little. Great lemonade stand and super that they donated the $ to a charity. I was a country girl growing up and i was a little envious of the kids in town that had lemonade stands and the ice cream truck.
Well...this is the best thing I've read all week! What awesome kids!
How cute! I love it!
Post a Comment