
Did we plan to buy a dog last Wednesday evening? Well, goodness no! Could you say it was a fairly impulsive thing? Well, sure you could!
You see, these folks we know had a litter of pups on August 5th. The first e-mail that came out about them, cute pictures attached, I simply deleted. Jman has talked on and off of wanting a dog however, we just weren't ready to go there. And, to get a sweet, purebred Dachshund, which is what we wanted, well...you have to pay a little for that.
This past Wednesday I was home from work with little Agirl who was running a fever. Checking my e-mail that morning, there was another e-mail about the puppies. Only 2 left. Cute pictures attached. Priced $100 less than what they had been.
So, I'm reading. I'm looking at the pictures. I'm thinking. I call Coach. He says, "No."
Well, eventually we agree. We say, "This is as
good a time as any. The kids are both old enough. That's a great price. They're both so cute. We know where they are coming from, trust the breeders, etc. Let's go get one!".
We didn't tell the kids. We told them that we had a surprise for them. They were definitely shocked! Jman was super excited! Agirl, not so sure. She is a little skittish about dogs but, we're hoping she'll attach to her own and get over that!

So, there we were, picking up our pup, heading to PetCo to get supplies because we had.........nothing! Way to be prepared to bring a new baby home!!
Let me share what I knew about dogs prior to last week:
1) They are mammals.
That's about it! Never had a dog. Never been a 'dog person'.
I've read the web, we went to the library and Pet Smart for books and now, I'm practically an expert!
Sparky's first bath!


Sparky started off being barricaded in the kitchen! Isn't that lovely! And, we just nicknamed him Houdini because we'd come home and he was out!












15 thoughts shared:
sweet sweet sparky.
i am not much a dog person either, tho my whole family is!
good luck, you guys!
I love it! That sounds so much like our story with Captain. We are still so smitten with him. It's been fun learning how to be a dog mom!
Sparky is so cute! I have friends with a dachshund and they are so loving and cuddly! I love it.
P.S. My little guy destroyed that same zebra sparky is playing with!
Such sweet pictures! But I'm not telling my kids about this...they've been asking for a dog since ours died a few months ago, and I have my hands full with other critters around here!
Our big dachshund(he's a standard not a mini) is the only one I've ever really been around but he is as sweet as they come. I'm sure Sparky will be the same.
My husband and I are totally dog people...Sparky is sooooo CUTE! My mom's dog just had 8 pups...I would love to have one, but I think for us we need a baby first! : )
Reading about Sparky makes us miss our Elroy. They are the best dogs Becky! So happy for you and your new addition to the family. Oh, and if he continues to wet in the house over and over and over and over and over. . .I promise it will eventually stop so don't give up on him.
Missing you! (by the way, I hope I look as good as you when I turn 40)
He is adorable!
VERY VERY CUTE!
He is precious. We had a dachshund but he died a couple of years ago. We are in the hunt for another one, hubby wants a dachshund bad. So we (me and the girls) are planning on suprising him with one for Christmas.
Awwwwwww!! Small dogs are soooooo adorable!! I hope Sparky continues to love his new home :)
Do you want another puppy???? I can ship her to you. LOL I'm kidding. Kinda.
Hi Becky! I just had to come by and visit, such a cute blog you have! I found your through Tollesons4Him. I was reading your about me and was excited to see you work with preschoolers!! I teach three year olds and love it! My hubby and I are also amazed by how God provides when we both are teaching in Christian schools, but like you said He is so faithful to those who honor and serve Him! Oh and very cute pics in this post too!!!
Blessings!
He is so adorable!
I want a small dog so badly. My Maltese mix passed away 2 years ago and I miss having a dog in the house with me. We have an inside/outside black lab mix, but she is a Daddy's girl!
Hope you all enjoy the new baby!
Super Cute!! We have a maltese and I think dogs are just great for children to learn from. Enjoy the "doggy-moon" (?!?) LOL
Belinda (who is hosting a bible study on her blog - my first one! - come join me at http://careerasamum.blogspot.com/2008/10/bible-study-welcome.html)
Sweet! I can understand why you'd want such a cute little guy!!!
I love the first barracade and his bowl bath!!! Too precious! He's going to be spoiled rotten, isn't he?! :-)
Congratulations on your newest member of the family! Your kids are going to have such fun and have such great memories!!!
you haven't posted in a while. . . hope everyone is doing okay! I miss my day to day Becky thoughts.
Post a Comment