Thursday, September 4, 2008

Little ray of sunshine.....

Here's a little update on my sunshine Agirl!
She is excited to be back in gymnastics class although, she wants "a girl teacher"! Her coach this time is Mr. Travis. He is very nice and funny. It's amazing to us parents as we watch from upstairs how much patience these men have with all the little children!
She wanted to take a 'front door shot' just like big brother does on his first day of school! She is happy about her new gym clothes that her DeeDee (my mom) bought her!
Here's a big "Ta-Da" for you! :o)


Of course we had to do a few practice flips and flops before we left for class!
She's so tiny and petite, we're hoping that she really enjoys gymnastics and it will be something that comes naturally and easily for her at her size.


First day of 3 yr. old Preschool was yesterday!!! I can't believe it! Look how excited she was to find her cubby and put her backpack away! (I've got to work on that beaver tooth grin of hers!!) Anyway, I can't believe it! I do remember the day that we brought her home, a teeny 5 lbs. Her big brother was in 4 yr. old Preschool at the time! Never doubt for a minute that time does go as fast as they say!

Still in class with one of her best buds Tgirl!!! Yeah!!! They've been through Mother's Day Out and Sunday School together! I am so blessed to be able to work the 3 days a week at our church's Preschool that my kids have attended. They are there with me, playing and learning as I work. I am with her there, and lots at home too. I feel like I have the best of both worlds! Aside from providing some extra income for my family, my job allows me the adult interaction and companionship that I need! We have a neat 'family' of ladies that work together up there and I LOVE being a part of that!!

Here is Agirl's sweet teacher! Mrs. B has such a sweet heart for the Lord and for kids! I know that Agirl will learn a lot of the important things from her.......you know......love, grace, patience, kindness, sharing, etc.! The letters and numbers will come but, we are training a soul that is eternal....to live in a world that is only our temporary home! Thank you Mrs. B, and Mrs. L her teaching assistant, for all that you will teach Agirl this year! We love you both!

Finally, nap time! That was a long 3 and 1/2 hours of school!!! Mrs. B told me that as they came in from playground time at around 11:45, Agirl told her, "I've had it! I'm tired!" She was of course asleep quickly!

I look forward to all the fun things with you this year Agirl! Love you bunches and forever! :o)

Blessings,

post signature

13 thoughts shared:

Tracey said...

What talent and grace...glad you both had fun!

MommaJen said...

oh, fun times! except their coloring, our girls could be twins! glad it's been a good week!

The square dance callers: her "name" was "hot rod"; I can't remember his --they are an older couple and alot of fun!

Kathleen said...

Just too sweet! I got a cute, beaver tooth grin picture of A yesterday too. I'll email it to you. Sophie had a great day too and she was so sad to not go back today!

Bri said...

I just want to gobble her up! She is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

We too start gymnastics on Monday. We were in it once before and she wasn't going to take from a "boy" coach so we switched to dancing but she missed gymnastics so we are back.

Susan said...

She will love gymnastics. We have had Mr. T a couple of times and he is great with the kiddos.

It looks like she had a blast at her first day of preschool!

Hope said...

I bet she is your ray of sunshine! She is so cute. Loved her comments after playing outside....how funny are kids!?!

brickmomma said...

wonder where she gets that 'beaver' grin??????

Deb said...

I love the grin.

Rebekah said...

Love the pics! Sorry to hear about your root canal. I'll think of you while nursing my swollen cheeks! It's amazing that such little bones can cause so much pain!

Genny said...

What a sweet post! That age is so much fun! Those pictures made me miss when my kids were three!

Elizabeth said...

She will love gymnastics!! And, what a special big day. It sounds like she has a great preschool teacher!

Kimberly said...

What a cutie! And what a blessing to be able to have her where you work! I love how God provides so perfectly!

Hey, not that this matters, but you have the same rug as my mom! I was looking at your pics thinking, "Hey, that looks super familiar!" Duh! I helped my mom pick that rug out!

Blessings, sweet Becky! You are such a tender mommy...so obviously totally in love with your sweet babies! How blessed they are to have you!