Seriously?
I'm having a birthday and I'll be.......................40...........forty...........FORTY.........
Age has always been just a number to me, nothing that has ever bothered me.....until now?! Wow, are you faced with the reality that you are getting older. That you have absolutely no choice but to age!
Between now and the BIG day on Monday, I'll be reflecting on what all these years have shown me, taught me, brought me, etc...............that I can remember!! I'll be back to share after then.
This weekend, I'll do some theraputic shopping........with money my parents sent me.....double what they usually do........what does that mean?!!!
Probably get a long, well over due pedicure! (Altho, we're a little unsure as to how Hurricane Ike is going to affect us here! Lots of evacuees in the area for sure, with the rain and the wind.)
And..........continue life as usual with my wonderful family! Coach and I are both taking off work on Monday, dropping the kids off at school, and spending the whole glorious day.........alone, together!! Yeah! (And, during football season! He's taking off for me! This must be a special life benchmark!!)
Make me laugh........or I might cry! :o)
Blessings!
2019 IS GETTING AWAY FROM ME!
7 years ago









18 thoughts shared:
ohhh that thing about your day together kind of made me want to cry too! I hope you have a fabulous 40th birthday! My mama turns 60 on the 17th so I know she's feeling it some this year too. :)
Melba
Happy Birthday Becky! How wonderful!!! Lance turns 40 in December...big day!!! Enjoy your time off with coach!
I love Birthdays! Don't worry about your age on your birthday- you will have all year to worry about it. Have fun, rejoice in everyone fussing over you and have a blast with coach. Happy Birthday!
I hope you have a wonderful birthday! What a neat way to celebrate it.
Age has always been a number to me too..but...I turn 40 in Feb so I may look to you for some inspiration. I have loved my thirties, so the 40's have a lot to live up to!
Have a great day!!! You are certainly blessed.
I have an idea for you that I've been doing since I was 30...when I hit 31 I told eveyone I was 35, then when I hit 36 I told everyone I was 40 ....next year when I hit 41 I'll tell eveyone I'm 45....I look good for 4 years and when I really do hit that number it doesn't bother me!!
40 is the new 20 you know...
Don't look at age as how "old" you are but more as how many years you've been experiencing life :)
Happy early birthday!
Oh...so you are older than me??? Yeah! Seriously, I may hide in a couple of weeks and ignore the 40th birthday altogether.
Happy Birthday Best Bud!
CeCe
You live it up, girl!!! I had a difficult time turning 27 this year because it feels so close to 30...It's not really the age that bothers me - it's the lack of accomplishment. I finally decided I couldn't whine and cry about it, I needed to relish my new year and start it off full of hope-for the exciting new adventures to come!
Enjoy your special day!
Happy, Happy, Birthday!! I hope you enjoy your day on Monday and get to do some fun things!
40 is so young - lol- I'll be 45 in a few weeks. Seriously, 40 is not bad at all.
Hope you have a wonderful birthday.
How fun to have the day off togethre!!! That is a great way to spend the day!!!!
Happy Fabulous Forty!!!
(40's the new 30, you know!!!)
Love You!!!
Hope you have a happy birthday!
Have a wonderful birthday and what a fun way to celebrate. Enjoy!
Happy birthday! Enjoy the day with your hubby! Thanks for the comment. That's what I hear about potty training boys and I'm not in any hurry, although I had thought it would be nice to get him out of diapers before I am also buying them for a baby. But, if he's not ready, I'm not pushing. Have a great day tomorrow!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY friend! I'll be in town this weekend maybe we can get together for coffee?
Happy Birthday, Becky! Hope you had a great day with your hubby!! See you tomorrow.
Post a Comment