Sunday, September 7, 2008

Romans 6: 4

"We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live in new life."
Romans 6:4


The act of baptism does not save. One's faith in Christ and what He did for them saves.
Baptism is an act of obedience to the word. It is a visual symbol of what the above verse states! Jesus himself, as a man, was baptized and He rejoices to see us follow Him in that act!
Robed and ready to go!
Excited boy!
Final instructions!
Look at my baby in there!! Of course I had tears in my eyes! The greatest prayer I have for my children........answered for my son!
Hallelujah!!! Praise the Lord!!
He came up with the biggest, most excited smile on his face! Pastor Chris chuckled as Jman swam out of the baptistery!!


"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation! The old has gone the new has come!"
2 Corinthians 5:17


We were blessed to have Nana, Poppy, cousins Zach and Josh, and Zach's girlfriend come and witness and celebrate with us!

I brought Agirl into the sanctuary to watch brother get baptized. She of course wanted to do it too because, she wants to do everything her big brother does! We know that one day, she will claim Christ personally and publicly profess her own faith!


After Chris brought Jman up out of the water she asked me, "Why did he put Bubba under the water like that? He could drown!"


Thank you Lord for this special day in our son's life!


Feeling very blessed indeed,
post signature

13 thoughts shared:

Christy said...

What a wonderful day for your family! Welcome Jman to the Family!

Jackie said...

What an absolutely special time! I can't even imagine how thrilled and proud you must be of your precious son.

Kathleen said...

We were so glad we were there this morning to see Jman's baptism. Praise the Lord!

Tracey said...

Very cool!!! I saw a youtube video once of a kid being baptisted and he JUMPED (cannonbal) into the water! He doused the minister and yelled...Halleluyah!!! The congregation was laughing like crazy!!! It was a very joyous occasion!!!

MommaJen said...

what a wonderful day--one you will remember always!

Myrna said...

Congratulations Jman!

In Christ's Arms said...

I remember when Autumn was baptized, I cried! Tears of joy that I knew she was eternally saved!!! Way to go JMan! Still praying for you.

brickmomma said...

SO sad to have missed witnessing this......

Yea for Jman!

LL said...

Yay Jman for being obedient to the Lord! God bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

God is so good! What a blessing to you and your family! I know you all are so proud of him.

Elizabeth said...

Many, many, many blessings!!!

Quiltermama said...

SO cool! I got teary eyed looking at the pictures!!!

Alison said...

how wonderful...Congratulations!! a truly special day!!