Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas time pictures....

Christmas for us was great. We went 'home' for 4 nights. I went a day before Coach and the kids to have some time alone with my sister. That was really nice!

I'm trying to get all the year end documented here so that I can print my blog. I plan to do this on a yearly basis. I don't scrapbook so, this is my journal/scrapbook of my thoughts and our activities. I think it will be fun to look back on and read years from now.
Christmas always starts at my parent's house. We do Christmas Eve with them and Christmas day with Coach's family. Here the kids are getting settled in with PawPaw and he doesn't seem too impressed with Jman's lightning fast DS skills!!

Agirl and I put together the 7 layer dip that is tradition at DeeDee's house. We have this every Christmas Eve with a variety of chips....for as long as I can remember.

I think that Agirl had more fun eating lots of what we were layering!! Her favorites......the black olives and tomatoes! We did manage to get enough of everything on there!

Finally...........time for gifts! A princess carriage from Aunt S and Uncle S.

What is this?? Aunt S can't wait!! It was a really cool Indiana Jones DS game!

Agirl got very interested this year in helping everyone open their gifts.......DeeDee loved the hand print pillow that Agirl and I made her.

PawPaw, here is an electronic bank to help you count all those coins you collect!

What is it sister? Another movie! Just what we like!

Coach is always proud to get the sweaters and shirts that DeeDee gets him each year. He is sooo handsome in sweaters!!

Another Webkinz?!! "I love him!"

And......another Webkinz for brother too!

OH MY!!! Star Wars Legos from Mom and Dad! This is Jman's favorite thing right now!

Our kids have never had Santa on Christmas! Because we are always out of town with the grandparents, we have always found Santa's gifts under the tree when we return home. Well, this year, we decided to ask Santa if he would find us at PawPaw's house and........he did! Look at the size of those stockings!!

The kids were very excited to find that Santa actually remembered to stop there! (Mom and Dad were so glad that he remembered too!!!)

Another Star Wars Lego set!!! How did Santa know?!

All this baby girl asked Santa for was a Tinkerbell backpack! That order was easily fulfilled.
I am proud of both my kids. They did not ask for much this year........not selfishly or demanding at all. And, they were/are very appreciative of all they received. They know what Christmas is really all about! The gifts and toys and surprises are just extra little bonuses!

This was the prize in Jman's stocking.....an NBA basketball headband!! See if you catch it in many more pictures!
After seeing what Santa brought, it was time to load up and move over to Nana and Poppy's house. Jman and cousin Zach had fun with the new DS games that Jman got. One has the game and the other the headphones.......not sure how they worked that out! :o)

Look at these guys that we love................cousin Josh, Coach, Uncle Gary, and Poppy! Look at part of that spread that Nana worked so hard on!

I warned Coach that I would go public with this pic! He was getting tired of seeing flash and said, "Take this picture!" so..............I did!

This is what cousin Zach did after we ate the big spread! A 17 yr. old young guy can only take s much! Christmas must have started early at his house that morning!

Notice cousin Josh trying to do the same and some little person would not leave him alone! Agirl loves to play with Josh and he is so good with her! For both cousins to be so much older, 15 and 17, they are so great with our kids!

This is the coolest helicopter from Uncle G, Zach, and Josh! (Note the headband!)

Agirl got Legos too!!!

You can tell that Nana really loved the hand print pillow that Agirl and I made her! Four years ago, Jman made some for both grandmothers. Now, it was time for them to have one from Agirl as well.

That sure is a nice golf pull-over you got Coach! You will be lookin' sharp on the course!

Poppy seems to really like the golf shirt we got him! Behind Poppy through the window is the golf course that they live on. It's gorgeous and we always have to help him stay supplied in the latest fashion to play in! (Note the headband!)

Agirl had to help open the gift for both Poppy and Nana.............a photo book of the year 2008 with Jman and Agirl. All Nana asked for was pictures of her grandkids. We hope you love and enjoy your book! It was so much fun making it!

One last big gift for both of you.................an air hockey table!!! Wow! Too cool!!! (Note the headband!)

Time to play!!!!

Uncle Gary could not wait to get Jman's Nerf auto gun going! He even went to the corner store for batteries when we couldn't find enough! This thing is cool!!! We lined up plastic cups on the counter and had the best time with target practice!

Who won the Hungry Hippos match.............Nana or Agirl? It was fun either way!

Sweet brother is sharing his DS and letting sister play Indiana Jones! She got lots of new Leapster games as well. I'm convinced that thing will have her reading and writing before Kindergarten....it's amazing!

Coach spending some time with his favorite 'other' woman......his Mama!! I think they are downloading Itunes with his gift card.

Taking brother's 'copter out for a test spin. "Uncle Gary should have gotten me one of these!"

The highlight of a visit to Nana's...........a bubble bath in her huge corner jet whirlpool tub!

Jman was determined to get his huge Star Wars walker built. He worked on it steady for about 5 hours we figured...........did not stop to eat, drink, potty................We finally had to make him get up and stretch his legs! And, Dada had to get in on the action so we could go to bed before midnight!!!

Still going.................

Finished product! Wow! Nana and I sat and talked and watched them work on it. As she said, they were also building a precious memory, not just Legos.........Jman won't soon forget his Daddy helping him with this!

Well, that's all for now! A brief over view of the good times with our little family! We don't have a large extended family on either side to get together with but we sure do love and enjoy what we do got!!! :o)

Blessings!

post signature

8 thoughts shared:

Tessa said...

Hi Becky,

My son was nearby when I was reading this post and he immediately spotted the Star Wars Legos! I had to scroll through and show him all the pictures. Looks like you guys had a wonderful holiday ...

How are you going to get your blog published? I would like to do that too! I started at the beginning of 2008, so I would like to get it published each year also. Let me know if you have any good information about this .. thanks!

Tracey said...

I LOVE THOSE HUGE STOCKINGS! THANKS FOR SHARING ALL THE FUN TIMES!

I too would like to know how to publish your blog! Let us know please!

Rebekah said...

I love Christmas and it looks like yours was lots of fun!!! :)

brickmomma said...

John got the same golf pull over Coach got! They should hang together sometime!

Quiltermama said...

What a sweet family you have! :-)

LL said...

It looks like you all had a very merry Christmas! Happy New year!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time! You didn't post what you got for Cmas though! Hope you enjoyed some fun for yourself as well : ) Sometimes the best gift is just watching everyone get their gifts! Have a Happy New Year!

Deb said...

What a great day. Huge stockings!
I love the pic of Agirl with the webkinz, very cute.

My nephew got that same copter last year.

Printing your blog out once a year is a great idea. I hadn't thought of doing it that way. Might have to try and do the same.