Wednesday, December 31, 2008

She made it!..........

Agirl that is. She made it until midnight............she 'saw' 2009 come in!
Then, at 12:01 A.M., on the way home, she crashed!

I'm cheating on this post..........it's the afternoon of the first day of the new year however.........I altered the post time to show Dec. 31rst.
I want last night to be included in this year's Blog Book because......well, it's obvious......it was part of 2008!

We had offered to have a gathering at our house and we were excited to have guests. However, the older boys in all 4 families of those of us getting together wanted to wait out midnight and do fireworks. (Or, at least do some at all...........midnight or not!) So, we gathered out at the L's home as they live out in the country, well out of the city limits.

We had LOTS of fun! Good fellowshipping with lots of laughs. Good food with Coach's chili, some tamales, hot dogs for the kids, and lots of munchies and sweets! There was a bonfire and burning of the Christmas trees, poppers and sparklers, and games. And of course, there was a fireworks show, put on by 2 of the braver Dads!!

Too bad you can't see my festive party hat in this pic.........it was too dark and the flash didn't catch it?!

I was a little nervous about Agirl holding her own sparkler! Daddy stayed close by and she loved it until............
we think a little spark jumped near her face and scared her. She was done after that and back in the house she went! She was fine.

Jman had lots of fun with the 'growing snakes', 'poppers', sparklers, and smoke bombs! This was his first experience with any of it.

Watch out.............he's getting ready to launch this...................

it really did get a lot bigger and smokier than that! :o)

As the Dad's got the fireworks underway, it got really cold! Here's Jman and 'the crew' huddled up together trying to get warm! Those silly boys told me I couldn't take their picture! I was told, "We have our rights, missy!" :o)

At least my cute little guy let me snap him! R pulled that hoodie and turned just in time! :o)

In case you wonder what the 3 sweet little girls were doing...........while the rest of us were freezing outside watching the 'show'............they were having a BLAST in little T's room!

There was no where to walk in that room!!!

We had a great time! Agirl said she was determined to make it the whole time and she did! As she fell back to sleep in her bed next to me, she said, "Why didn't I get to light any 'fire-cookies'?!" And then, she was quickly dreaming about her own firecookies!! :o)

Whatever the new year's eve found you doing, I hope that you had fun. More than that, I pray many blessings for 2009. I will share more soon on how I hope to publish this first year of my blog, and what I see as my upcoming goals for the new year!

Blessings!!
post signature

2 thoughts shared:

Kathleen said...

Sophie will be so jealous that Agirl made it. Jake was the only one to stay up til midnight after we got home. It sure was fun though and Coach's chili was great.

Melba said...

Happy New Year, Becky!