Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let it snow????!!!

Last week, Wednesday, it snowed here! It just doesn't snow much........if ever.........hardly.......never ever........here in our part of Texas!! We were so excited! I think I was more excited for the kids to have snow than they were to have it!
I had the best time watching them in it. We bundled up and went out for awhile..........because how often will they ever get to do that here again??!!!

It was beautiful!


This was that morning, after the kids woke up. They had fun trying to catch snowflakes on their tongues!


Walking around to check it all out. See the little brown/red speck to the right of Anna?! Sparky decided he would venture out with them too. He was shivering! He has a parka and we just didn't have time to get it on him.
It didn't snow much longer that morning. It was basically done by the time we all left for school.


However, when we picked Jman up from school at 3:00 p.m., it was starting to snow again. Very tiny flakes. We watched for over an hour as the flakes got bigger and bigger!

What Agirl desired most to do was make a snow angel! It turned out beautiful!!
I failed to get a picture of the little snowman that they made with the neighbors, or pictures of them all playing together.
My neighbor S and I were having too much fun talking and watching them all play! Thank you God for such a wonderful early Christmas surprise!!
Blessings!
post signature

2 thoughts shared:

Anonymous said...

Snow is a beautiful and peaceful thing to watch isn't it? I am so happy for your kids that they got to experience winter. We are expecting a large snow this week too. I have the cocoa ready and the "White Christmas" movie.

The Saenz Family Rawks said...

I can't believe it snowed there! I thought we'd have more snow up here, but not a flake has fallen this winter so far. It's just been very cold and very gross.
I can't believe how much Agirl is growing. She's beautiful!