Jman was out of school Monday for teacher in-service day. So, I took off at Preschool and we went to the Houston Zoo with some friends. We had a very long day but lots of fun! This was Agirl's first trip to a zoo that she will remember. Her first zoo visit was in Waco, I believe, and she was very itty-bitty and doesn't remember. So, she was super excited!
The best part for me of any trip with my kids is watching them and seeing everything through their eyes! I've always done it, since Jman was a baby. I think I've often missed out on seeing things firsthand for watching my children's faces, eyes, and reactions. However, that is what it's all about!!
On the seal near the entrance. Our friend Mrs. Beth told us that this seal was here when she came to this zoo as a little girl. We said, "Man......that's old!!!" :o)
Watching the ellll-a-phants! Look at the baby one below!
OK, watching these orangutans might have been the BEST part of the day! The baby was so cute and was putting on quite a show for us! He went over here and was trying to get his daddy to play with him but, daddy was having no part of it! Baby yanked that pink towel off dad's head! Got a stick and started poking it at him! Still, dad just swatted him away and put his towel back on his head!!! Poor baby!
So, baby found this blanket and began playing with it. Covering up and rolling all around in it. I really think he was having the best time showing off for us! It was funny! His mom was sitting over to the side, watching everything quietly.













1 thoughts shared:
AngelA is so cute! We went last year and we also saw a baby elephant. I'm wondering... with elephants being pregnant for 18 months (I think I read that somewhere)... how is it that they have so many babies at the zoo??? I'll end with... I am SOOOOOOOOO thankful I'm not an elephant!
Post a Comment