Sunday, April 6, 2008

May seem silly.....





Well, it may seem silly to some to ask God to bless a little something like a yard sale.

All blessings come from Him and He cares for every hair on our heads so....He cares for every detail of our lives.

After a very early start (shoppers at 6:00 a.m), and a long busy morning......Shannon and I made over $800 together. She never has near the amount of 'stuff' that I do but, she works so hard to help me sell all of mine! I'm treating her to a 'thank you' dinner out this week!

My earnings........about $650! (Not too shabby to earn about $100 an hour selling stuff you don't want!) Last night I was telling Jman how grateful I was to God for His provision.

I've had thoughts of things that could be done with that money........... new lawnmower, or tile in both bathrooms, or some summer painting done in the house.......and I'm sure there's more that could be done!

However, none of these things are necessary and they are certainly all only temporary in this life.

I think it will be fun for the 4 of us to sit and talk and plan some ways to make memories together this summer with some of this money. Even in simple, inexpensive little trips together, we have fun times that will last forever!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to our sale and shopped our sale! You have blessed us!

I'm soooooo tired now! Glad this is only a yearly tradition!

5 thoughts shared:

Susan said...

I am glad to hear it went well!
Congrats on it being such a success! Enjoy the extra money!

Jennifer said...

The kids are enjoying your old treasures. The monkey is still a hit, and the construction sets are serving as models for a cake I am making this weekend. Looking to them for ideas is helpful. :) Not too shabby of a deal on that storage bin I got either. Hooray for early shopping.....blogging. Braden's wearing those shoes to school tomorrow.

Quiltermama said...

Yay!!! You did well!!! :-)

My time is coming...The toys are taking over!!! ha ha!

Love the last idea on how to spend the $$$ ! Time passes too fast, make those memories!!!

Becky said...

Thanks Jennifer! I'm glad you were all blessed by what you found here! :o) Thank you!!

Nicole said...

WOOOHOO! That is how I pay for Callies dance every year. It is so much work that afterwards I always say- not next year. But then that time rolls around and that extra money is needed, so ...... I love that you prayed for God to bless it! Another tip- we let Callie sell candy , water and lemonade & last year she made like $25!