Friday, January 2, 2009

Blog to Book....

I found it!

The site I am going to use to print my 2008 blog.

Go here to check it out and see if you'd be interested in doing the same.

For either a hard or soft cover book, there is a flat starting rate for so many pages. Then, there is an additional charge for pages over that.
There is also a minimum of 350 photo uploads. Well, I exceeded that--as I believe most of us would!!

I went through my entire blog for the year and deleted posts that contained things I did not care to have included in my memory book.
I am having to print my 2008 blog in 2 books because of the number of pictures.

To give you an idea, my first book is Jan. 2008 through June 2008, it's 90 pages and the cost is $39.45. That is for the laminated soft cover. There is no additional charge for regular shipping.
I have not created book two yet.

It's an easy process, just follow the steps!
I'm excited to have my blog in printed form for my family to read through and hopefully treasure for many years!

Let me know if you've done this and used a different service. Let me know what you think if you decide to do this as well!

(Note: What I found with blurb.com is that it didn't support Blogger. It had Typepad and one other blogging network that I didn't recognize however, I could not find where they print Blogger.)

Blessings!!

12 thoughts shared:

Patti said...

I think it's a fantastic idea, especially for families with children! Thanks for sharing. I am going to bookmark it for possible use in the future. :-) Patti

Deb said...

Wow, that's easy.
I've downloaded www.blurb.com
On this site you don't have to pre edit your blog since you go in and lay it out. Which is a lot of work and the reason I haven't done one yet. I'm not sure of the price though.

Melba said...

This is a great idea! I haven't done it yet, but always keep the idea in the back of my head that I will want this in book form someday, especially after we are placed. The only service I've seen that did this actually turned the blog into a PDF file so you could print it yourself or have it printed. I did it once with an old Livejournal blog but never formally printed the book other than a homemade black-and-white copy. When you get your book you'll have to give us an update of how you like it.

Melba

Anonymous said...

So glad you are preserving your memories! It is all about finding a way to do this that works for you. I know you don't scrapbook. . .but you have found a way that works for you to help your family remember the years! Let us know how the book turns out. Your kids will love looking through it! My boys look at the digital scrapbooks I have made all the time. Elliott says, "this is the story about me."

Tracey said...

What a great idea! I'll have to look into it! I'd love to do this!

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to do this for Evie, thanks for the link! I'll check it out and look at blurb.com too. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Tessa said...

Thanks for sharing this! I am definitely going to look into it. It sounds pretty easy - which is awesome!

Elizabeth said...

SQUEAL!!! What a great idea!! I NEED to do this. I'd love to start printing off copies to give to my children someday :)

Elizabeth said...

Oh and I nominated you for an award on my blog :)

Rebekah said...

I started working on mine a few weeks ago. I love that our baby will have a journal all about him/her to read one day!!!

Jackie said...

What a perfect way to preserve your memories! I'm surprised at how reasonable it is, too. Although, too bad they don't allow you more pictures per book. Let us know how you like them once you receive them. :)

Nicole said...

Let me see it when it gets in- please!!!!!! I am so torn about what to do with mine. I printed out pages & pages and only got through a few months. Need to do semething. its been almost 2 years!