Thursday, January 15, 2009

I hope you know..........



Dear J and A,

This is what I found on my heart this morning to share with you:

I hope you know..............

what an incredible Dad you have! Honestly, how could you have a better one?!



I hope you know ..........

that he is physically on his knees every morning, praying for you; for our family. He rises early, before any of us, and devotes an hour to praying and studying God's word so he can be the Dad that God has called him to be.

I hope you know.............

he loves his job and being able to provide for you by doing something he is gifted at. Many people may think that he has passed up many opportunities over the years to 'advance' his career, and that this is not 'wise'. He's made every decision based on what he feels is best for you. He values being with you both, as much as possible and doesn't want his career to take away from that time, any more than necessary. He's wanted to provide a stable home, without having to move you around too much. He knows that his time with you is fleeting, and never guaranteed so, that is what he puts first and foremost! He's made sacrifices; I know about the big double cab truck he'd like to be driving................however, he doesn't see them as sacrifices. He knows where his treasures lie.



I hope you know.........



he's a man of integrity and does everything within his means to keep his word to you. He wants you to know that your Father in heaven will always be there for you and will never lie to you. He is teaching you that by modeling and doing the very same!! I am amazed by some of things he will do for you to make you happy! No matter how tired he may be, or what else may be going on, if he said he would do it, he will!


I hope you know.......


how badly your Dad wanted both of you! We went through an awful lot to bring each of you home into our family! Your Dad did whatever it took; tests, procedures, lots of prayers, tears, working extra jobs, more prayers and tears,............many things! He loves you both so incredibly much....as you know from all the hugs and kisses daily!


I hope you know.........


your Dad treats me with love and respect and kindness, not just because he loves me but, because of you! J, he wants to model for you how you should treat your future wife. A, he is modeling for you what you need to look for in a future husband. If you will follow his model and seek one like his model, you will find the godly spouses the Lord intends you to have!


I hope you know...............


"Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord." Ephesians 6: 4

"A wise son brings joy to his father," Proverbs 10:1a

"Honor your father and your mother, which is the first commandment with a promise- that is may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth." Ephesians 6:2-3

11 thoughts shared:

goinginsane said...

What a beautiful post.

Christy said...

Thank you for such a beautiful post! What a treasure for your kids to be able to read this!

Shannon said...

This is beautiful and precious and brought tears to my eyes. They are blessed and so are you to have such a wonderful man!

Amber D. said...

what a nice tribute to your hubby!

Nessa said...

Wow! THis post made me teary eyed! That is a beautiful tribute to your husband. Your family is truly blessed to have such a good guy, and to have you too. :-)

MommaJen said...

This brought tears to my eyes. He has made very wise decisions - maybe not by the world's standards--he will not have regrets later in life. I know this is not easy for men, so kudos to him!

Amy@theredheaddiaries.blogspot.com said...

I just found your blog and I have to say WOW that post was amazing. What a wonderful husband and father!!!!

Tessa said...

What an amazing man you have! You are all so blessed! You are also modeling for your kids how to appreciate one another ... something we all tend to forget sometimes .. thanks for the reminder!

LL said...

Beautiful. I am sure they know and they will always be thankful for such a wonderful dad and realize how truly blessed they are.

brickmomma said...

Beck- so sweet!! You are both blessed and a blessing!

Anonymous said...

Awwww....I am not letting Joe read this because he will be wanting one too!!! (A post like this..not another wife:)

CeCe