........I speak to another Mother's Of Preschoolers group at an area church.
I'll share my testimony of how God brought me through infertility and blessed me with my children through adoption. I'll get to share things that He taught me through those trials and give Him praise for bringing me through them!
Also, now this I think is really awesome, they specifically asked me to share more about the struggle of infertility. How to help loved ones who are suffering with it. What to do/say; what not to do/say.
I want those of you who responded to this post to know that you have helped me tremendously! Thank you for your input and your encouragement!
Infertility is a very painful and very private struggle and can be so hard to share.......even after all these years.
It does mean alot that these women want to better understand. And, based on mere statistics, there will likely be women there who have been through it, or perhaps are going through it.
Someone needs to hear what I have to share............even if only one.
Even if there were only one.........Christ would still want us to testify!
I'm not sure why but..........as this day approached........I've felt..........indifferent.
I think that is the right word.
not nervous.
not excited.
Is that the enemy trying to interfere with what God plans to do?
I was up late last night, writing, reading scripture, praying. I feel confident this morning that I am ready to share and, if the Lord chunks everything I've prepared out the window and takes me in a different direction, that's OK too!
I shared my indifferent feeling with Coach as he left for work. He was disappointed to hear this. He reminded me of how excited I should be to share all that God has done in my life.
He is so right!
When should we ever feel indifferent about the things that He has done?
I am ashamed. I asked for His forgiveness!
I am excited anew now! I am hopeful! If I believe that God orchestrated my being there, and led me in my preparations, then I have to have hope and excitement that even one will be touched!
My husband left me a note this morning, for me to find on my Bible. He often does this. He'll leave me "godly love letters" that come out of his quiet time each morning. He'll have a scripture for me, encouragement, a prayer, etc. I have come to so love this about him and treasure it! I will treasure my notes forever! Surely he won't mind me sharing this morning's:
"Matthew 9:25-26; "After the crowd had been put outside, He went in and took the girl by the hand, and she got up. News of this spread through all the region."
Becky,
These verses remind me of you when we were struggling with infertility. Then Jesus took you by the hand and gave us 'J' and 'A' and you got up. Today you are doing what God has called you to do by spreading the news of what He has done for you. I know that God is going to use you to touch someone's life today.
Love,
(Coach)"
You know, this is when Jesus was sought out by a ruler whose daughter had just died. He had faith that if Jesus just put His hand on her, she would live again. When Jesus entered the house, there were flute players and a noisy crowd and he sent them away, saying "The girl is not dead but asleep." They laughed at him.
I would say there were many times in those nearly 7 years that I felt dead. Times I could have wished to be, the emptiness, heartache, and pain were so unbelievably unbearable!
Jesus did not let go. And, in His time, he did heal me and help me to stand!
enough said.
Know of anywhere else I can share?!
**It went GREAT this morning!! The group was relatively small, welcoming, and seemed very engaged. There were great questions and comments afterwards as well. I felt much more confident and comfortable than I had the first time so, I just need to keep 'practicing'!!
is April 25-May 2, 2009
2019 IS GETTING AWAY FROM ME!
7 years ago









8 thoughts shared:
What a sweet thing for your hubby to do for you. I admire you guys encouraging one another. What good examples you guys are. I need to work on my wife skills. I need to be more submissive.
FIVE STARS FOR COACH....that is an awesome LOVING thing for a man to do! You are certainly a blessed friend:) I love that scripture!
CeCe
Yes, what a great guy! I feel like the only one in my MOPS group to be going through anything like this. I wish I could have heard your talk!
I too wish I could have been there to hear your talk.
I am sure you were awesome and such a testament of God's love.
any your hubby is pretty awesome too!
Isn't God amazing?!
Glad it went so well and how awesome for Coach to be so sensitive to you and others!
So glad it went well! And Coach is a hero!!
Your obedience was the testimony! Great job leaning on each other. . .this is the way marriage thrives! Love you all so much.
Just now catching up on some blogs. Such a sweet husband you have. So sensitive not only to your needs but God's words as well.
So glad to hear it went well. I hope one day to be able to share our testimony that lead us to adopt.
Post a Comment