Thursday, May 15, 2008

Meet Thomas Jefferson.....

This morning, at Jman's school, his class presented a Living Museum. It was so great! We got to meet 16 real life outstanding people in history. All of them famous and well known for varying accomplishments, etc.

Our little man was Thomas Jefferson. He did so well!! We are proud of him! He had to make his presentation boards and research and write his report. The report had to be memorized so that each time a visitor came to his booth and pushed the button, he would 'come to life' and tell them all about himself.
Here is the self portrait that he drew.

Ready and waiting for the visitors!
This is the principal Mr. M listening to Thomas Jefferson tell about himself.
Favorite teacher of all time...former 1st grade teacher came to see Jman! We LOVE Ms. B. See her holding Agirl. She's says she'll wait to have her!! I so hope so!! We love Ms. B hugs!


It was a great morning in history!!!

8 thoughts shared:

alice said...

OH HOW WONDERFUL!!! He looks so good and I know he learned so much about TJ. Our big boys had to do the same thing at Rayburn M.S. in 6th grade but they got to choose anyone... current or historical. One chose Troy Aikman and the other chose some basketball player. Real heroes of history, right?!?!? Wonder what Jman will choose in a few years...

KTandEMYsmom said...

WOW! I love the outfit! Where did you find it? Tell Jman I am so proud of him!!! I wonder did Thomas Jefferson speak with an East Texas drawl? LOL! Is drawl the right word or should it be draw? I love ya'll! Give everyone hugs for me!

Susan said...

What a fun day! You should very proud of him and his presentation!

Muskie Mom said...

That was a neat post--great pictures. Thanks for posting on my blog. I followed your post over here. You have a beautiful family, what little blessings your children are.

MommaJen said...

cute, cute, cute - did you make his costume? that's my biggest fear - making costumes for my kids!!!

Shannon said...

What a cutie! :)

Nessa said...

That looks so cool! You have the cutest kiddos!

As for your post on my blog, it sounds like you are doing really well at CVS! I will email you about that in a bit.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

LL said...

it looks like he did an awesome job! Love the outfit!