Friday, May 16, 2008

A Suprise Blessing!!

Jman had a baseball game this evening.

After the game, we went to dinner with friends whose son is on the same team.

As we were eating our delicious meal at Ninfa's, a man walked over and shook Coach's hand. He only spoke to Coach for a moment and then told us all to enjoy our dinner and have a good night.

Coach told us that he had coached this man's son in basketball two years and currently has his daughter in his History class.
I'm always so excited to see how many parents approach Coach and are really appreciative of all that he does.

We continued with good food, good fellowship, and funny children at the table!
Our waitress came to check on us one last time and said, "Do you all need anything else? If not, your ticket has already been taken care of."

I said, "What?" (I actually probably said it about 5 times!!)
"Yes. Your whole table was just paid for by the gentleman that came over and talked to you sir; (looking at Coach). He's already left."

We all sat there in shock for a moment!
Then friend Beth said, "We're going to go out to eat with you all more often!"

Thank you Lord!! That was so wonderful to be blessed in that way tonight!

Coach, don't forget to call Monday and thank him!!!

5 thoughts shared:

Jennifer said...

Hi Becky!! What a pretty blog!! I wanted to thank you for stopping by and commenting! I appreciate your compliments:) If ever you need a helping hand, just let me know and I'll help you best I can!!

*Hugs*

Shannon said...

What a blessing! God is good! :)

alice said...

How SWEET! Brought tears to my eyes...

Nicole said...

Man....if only I had hung out with yall a little longer!! :) What did you order??? What a cool random act of kindness. Thanks for sharing!

LL said...

That is a blessing! Coach has probably made such an impact on students/ players lives, it is wonderful to see parents appreciate it.