Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New life....

Spring has been here for awhile now. I love to watch as everything becomes new and green again, full of life after a dead and dreary winter season.

"See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in the land." Song of Solomon 2: 11-12

This is the birdhouse that I watch outside my kitchen window. I've posted before about how I love this little house. I love the fact that it's been here for years, left by the previous owners for the birds that have come to call it home. For three springs now, we've watched new life in this house.
I stood still for a long time to get these shots! Baby and Mama were chirping back and forth to each other as I waited to capture this moment. I'm sure baby was saying, "Hurry up! I'm hungry!" And mama was saying, "I'm waiting for that human to leave and watching to make sure I don't need to dive bomb her should she get too close to you!" (I was concerned about this! She didn't sound happy a time or two! But, I was determined to see that baby eat!)
Finally, she figured I wasn't going anywhere and came to feed baby!
Here's little beak waiting.............. Finally! Lunch!

I love how these birds are a present, constant reminder of God's provision for me and my family. And, a constant reminder of the gift of new life Christ brings, that I believe we often fall so comfortably in that we 'forget' how wonderful it is!!

The kids and I enjoyed watching these two and listening to them. We imagined that they were singing praises to God for the provision of their food! Don't you know that all creation cries out to Him with praise and gratitude!! Even the rocks know who their Maker is!
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the works of his hands." Psalm 19:1
"Let the heaven and earth praise him, the seas and all that move in them," Psalm 69:34

I just think that is SO awesome!


Now, in reference to the scripture above.................we have cooing doves that like to sit on our chimney stack and 'sing'! I'm as appreciative as the next guy of God's creatures but look.............I'm beginning to feel like my friend Alice about these particular guys!!! :o)

1 thoughts shared:

Melba said...

Hi Becky,

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I love this post about the birds! I too am a bird watcher but (so far anyway) I haven't been patient enough to get pictures of feeding time. :) This is really sweet, and especially what you said about the birds and new life, it is so very true this time of year!

Have a great day,

Melanie