Friday, July 4, 2008

Freedoms....and sending my son away.....

My parents were here visiting last weekend. My Dad is a night owl like me. We were sitting up, after everyone else had gone to bed, talking and watching TV. We had it on CNN and were watching some show about communist dictatorship countries.

I commented to my Dad, very simply, "We (meaning collectively as a country) just have absolutely no idea the freedoms that we have!". Sad. True. So taken for granted. All. the. time! I want to be so aware and so grateful. Every day. Happy 4th of July!


"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14


Oh, how we need the Lord to forgive and heal this land!!!


Jman is leaving in the morning. Going to church camp. His first church camp. It's not far from home....literally(thankfully it's on campus of our local university!!)....which is the only reason I think I am OK with sending him! He's spent time away from home. Sleepovers at friends' homes. The grandparents. But, this is different. I have absolute trust in the people taking him. I know they will guard him and love him and ensure his safety. I'm just a little anxious about it. If you read this, join me in praying as my little man is gone for the next 4 days!


Jman, I am praying that you will have so much fun! I'm praying that you will develop closer relationships with the other kids from church that are going. I am praying that you will see the Lord's presence and love from all the leaders that you will be involved with. I'm praying that the worship time will be a wonderful experience for you. I am praying that God will speak to you personally in all and through all that you will do during this time away! I am praying that you will be a kid who is on fire for the Lord and that through this camp, you will see what a neat and cool thing that can be!
Seeing you sit on this lion statue at the zoo makes me think of our Father, the Lion of Judah! How He wants you to fully rely on Him and how much He loves you!

I couldn't love you more...my Jman!

Blessings,
post signature

4 thoughts shared:

Melba said...

hope Jman has a wonderful time at came, what a great milestone for him!! I know it must be a little unsettling to have him going away for a few days...I will keep you both in my thoughts!

Melba

Jackie said...

Praying for your sweet boy. I guess it's an inevitable part of being a mother, isn't it? I am sure I will feel exactly as you do when Savannah goes for the first time. He'll have a great time!

Kimberly said...

Praying that he is having a great time and that you are kept in perfect peace!

:)

Kimberly

Quiltermama said...

What great memories he'll have!!! Praying for a safe & happy time!!! :-)