Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The rest of the story......

Well, we did all we could at Splashtown and it was time to head to the hotel. You got it, the kids were excited! I remember being the same way as a kid, thinking that staying in a hotel room away from home was the coolest thing. Our room was awesome. The kids had their own separate area with the sofa bed, the side of the room with a small kitchenette. Coach and I were on the other side with our own sleeping area.

Agirl hit the sheets as soon as I got her changed! She's lying there watching a movie while Jman is on the floor playing construction trucks(yes! that is our picnic blanket he is on....we germiphobes do not play on hotel room floors! ha!). She was so tired as her little body went strong all day, and on no nap!

Here's my sweet, tired, red faced girl! And my smiling, tired, but still going strong sweet boy!
After eating some dinner, Jman and Dada went to the Astros game. Agirl and I stayed behind, she just couldn't do another thing! After her bath, we watched a little more movie, read some books, and then she was asleep by 7:00! I enjoyed relaxing on the king bed in the other room watching TV! The guys had a great time together and the 'stros beat the LA Dodgers, 4 to 1. This was not Jman's first major league baseball game, we'd taken him to Rangers and Astros games in the past however, this is the first he'll remember!
The next day, it was on to the mall. We visited the waterway but, we didn't ride the water taxi. We just enjoyed the water falls and the scenery. Inside, the kids always like to ride the carousel!
We didn't make it to the downtown children's museum. Instead, the kids played at the one in the mall. It was just enough and pretty nice. Jman is getting a little old for most of the activities and Agirl is just the right age. Makes it challenging to do things together when they are five years apart!


Of course they both had to be the teacher in the classroom area!


The dentist office was fun! Open wide!







By far their favorite was the dinosaur bone digging area! They spent a lot of time here and went back to it several times. Here's m little artist!
There was a very cool Critters area, with live and not so live creatures to learn about!









Here is Coach getting acquainted with the dragon! It was weird! The thing kept watching everything that he did, followed him everywhere in the room! The sign said his name was 'Steve'! That explained it! :o)










This is the fairy tale area. Very cool! Costumes and a stage for acting out stories. A reading area and castle structures to play in. Queen Agirl and King Jman on their thrones!
This of course was the beach and sand room. Agirl is ready to ride that
boat over there!











OK, we had two very full days of lots of fun! Look what Coach Dada did on the way home!












Check out both kids behind the driver!! Someone had to get us home! They weren't any help, were they?!!


OK, I had to throw this last picture in for a good laugh! We crack up every time we drive by this place in this area! No, we haven't dared to eat there! It is just too funny! We figure it may be very good Bar-b-Q!! (I'll spare you all the arm-pit BBQ jokes Coach has come up with!!!!)














Again kids, we had SO much fun with you guys! We hope that you have happy memories of this time together! xoxo

8 thoughts shared:

MommaJen said...

fun, fun! I had forgotten about the museum in The Woodlands Mall - N loves that one too!

alice said...

I gasped in mid sentence...

"She's lying there watching a movie while Jman is on the floor playing construction trucks"

until...

"yes! that is our picnic blanket he is on....we germiphobes do not play on hotel room floors!"

WHEW! I was freaking out for a minute!

Hotel rooms are the worst! I'll blog about a 20/20 episode I saw several years ago...

On a less germy note, looks like you guys had a blast! So glad! That's the stuff memories AND families are made of!

Never been to The Woodland's mall... looks like we'll have to try that sometime!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun; I'm still the same way with hotels. I love staying in them and get very excited; it's as much a part of the trip as the vacation itself for me!

Anonymous said...

Where exactly is it in the mall? I am not used to the Woodlands:)

CeCE

Rebekah said...

Agirl is so beautiful--truly! I love the picture of her all wrapped up in the blanket!

Deb said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun. The museum looks amazing.

Jackie said...

Picnic blanket to the rescue for sure! I can't even imagine how gross those floors are.

What a fantastic time!I love staying in "mini-suites" at a hotel...it makes me feel all fancy. :)

Melba said...

This is so sweet! So nice to see your whole vacation, it looks like you guys had a blast. I think it will be neat someday for the kids to look back on these posts with their own memories of the trip. Have you seen the sites that let you make a book out of your blog? That would be a neat thing for you to do someday to read to your kids.

Melba