Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Most of the time.....

I enjoy my children! I really do! I've been blessed to hear through some comments here, and in person, that it shows through this blog, and in my life. I hope everyone sees it.........most of the time!

Sometimes, they drive me as whacko as Jacko.....just 'keepin' it real' as they say.....

However, they are a lot of fun......I guess I'd have to say.... most of the time!

They each have funny, quirky personalities and great imaginations. They crack Coach and I up with the things they'll say and do!

Last night after dinner, the four of us went to our neighborhood home owner's pool. We had the best time swimming and playing with each other. I couldn't help but think about how thankful I am for my family as we spent that time together. And, how thankful I am for my partner in this parenting venture. Single parenthood.....I can't begin to imagine how H-A-R-D! Football season wears on me and that is just but a short span of time!

Parenting is H-A-R-D! We have some real challenges right now with an 'almost 9 year old' with 'tude and a 3 and 1/2 year old 'Missy Prissy'. There are more times than not lately that I feel like a drill sergeant, referee, and prison guard! (My nearly 9 yr. old thinks I'm mean, of course!) It's funny to think that I had it all figured out with fluffy white cloud-like dreams..............BEFORE I had kids!! :o) And folks, we had a long time to figure it ALL out before they came along!

Lately, I have not been relying on my heavenly parent for guidance and help. That is self-confessional people....again.....'just keepin' it real'!
I can tell.....and I know my children can too! And today, I commit to changing that!

I don't take a second with my children for granted......and never want to.
They truly do crack me up and keep me laughing and make life so much fun...........most of the time! :o)

This is what I caught them doing the other morning:

Spying on me!!

Too fun!

Blessings,
post signature

7 thoughts shared:

MommaJen said...

oh girl, I right there with you Most of the time! I think summertime is actually a little harder since there is less routine,etc!

alice said...

Oh girl! I was just feeling that same thing yesterday... drill sergeant, referee, and prison guard! I was also feeling like all my kids are seeing from me is looks of disapproval. Made me wonder... what's making them act in a way that I am so unapproving of? Are they needing more attention from me??? Guess what. I realized my lack of time with my Heavenly Father trickles down to my kids... DUH!!! The less time I spend with Him and in His Word, the more I focus on me. The more I focus on me- MY time, MY wants, MY needs, MY schedule, MY list- the more my kids focus on themselves. What an ugly place it can make this haven called our home seem to be. I, too, took that revelation to heart and recommitted to a more consistent time with the Lord. Thanks for sharing Becky. I think the Lord is using this extra time this summer to knock on the doors of many of our hearts. Praise Him that He is persistant in His pursuit of us!

Bri said...

I think one of the GREATEST joys of children is how they challenge you and make you search for new ways to be better parents.

I love that you are so intunned with your kids and you are constantly strategizing and thinking about ways to be a better parent and to enjoy your time with them!

That's one of the biggest things with having kids- you have to be ready for the joys and the struggles. The crazy thing is, I don't think you can truly understand the magnitude of those joys or those struggles until you are there.

brickmomma said...

Way to keep it real! Did you learn that from your otter friend? ;)

We have actually had a pretty good week, considering we have all been sick.

Those moments when it hits you, how incredibly blessed you are? I LOVE those!!

Jackie said...

Oh, those pictures are a riot! I'm glad to read what your two are up to so that I have a little preparation for what to expect in a a couple of years! :)

Genny said...

My kids think spying is the greatest thing in the world. LOL. Very cute pictures!

LL said...

That is so cute...what if they ask for night vision goggles for Christmas!?