We had our annual "farewell to family summer time together" day Saturday!
A special day, the 4 of us, to do anything we want before Coach Dad has to go back to work!
A wonderful advantage to our Dad being a coach is, he works early mornings in the summers(his extra summer job) and then, he's home with us all day! (Another advantage for him, lots of golfing in the summer that he can't do during the school year!)
Coach Dad left this morning for Coaching School for a few days. We hate to see this trip come! It seems to officially mark the end of all our time together. When he returns, there is lots to prepare at his campus, the high school starts two-a-days soon, and he helps with a football camp. Soon after, school will begin, along with the games!
We become very spoiled to our time with Dad in the summers. The kids enjoy him doing all kinds of things with them. He is such a big help to me with the house and the kids and he gives me lots and lots of 'me' time!
We started our day with:
lunch and play time at CEC. Not a favorite of ours but, the kids like it! It was fun!
Then:
we went to see "Space Chimps". This was the first theater movie that we'd all gone to together. Let's just call this review "a freebie".
It was not very good! There were the standard pat jokes that only the adults 'get', the children don't. And, it's sad when most of the adults don't even laugh at them! I suppose it was cute and could have been a lot more fun if it were more developed. Just a family friendly movie folks, not trying to earn an Oscar here!
Jman was truly probably too old for it. He said he liked it but, didn't appear to be enjoying it much. It was the only appropriate choice to take both of them to together so, he was sport.
Agirl is my TV girl. She would watch all day if allowed to. Big movies at the theater. Not so much. I don't get it.
This was only her second theater movie and by the time she was finished eating her package of Fun Dip candy, she was done!
She climbed in my lap and went to sleep!
Now, granted, the movie was not that good! However, it was her nap time and she was very sleepy. Jman had friend sleep over Friday night and everyone was up a little too late!
I'm getting to the best part of the movie for me, well, the fact that we were all spending time together is given..........holding my little girl in my lap while she slept!!!
Can I just say that I LOVED that! At 3 and 1/2 yrs. old, that just doesn't happen anymore! I just soaked in everything about that time of holding her so close, her hand resting on my chest, and her little body melted into mine as she was sound asleep!
I just stared at her, thinking about how beautiful she was, how blessed I was to have this family....all that sappy kind of stuff!!
I must have kissed her head a hundred times!
When the movie ended, I just wanted to keep sitting there!
Our time with Coach Dad home during the summer seemed to go too quickly!
And, my time to hold my children is going all too quickly as well. There are moments that I can only freeze frame in my own head!!
Lord, help me to cherish every second!
Blessings,









16 thoughts shared:
oo I love together time too! Sounds like a great time. And yes, who doesn't do icecream to cap it off??? *smiles*
sounds like a wonderful day! My L is a cartoon girl too - we have too seriously limit her! hope the transition back to fall is a smooth one for you!
How much fun is that? Although it's too bad their dad has to go back to work, it is really awesome he gets to be around so much all summer!
Your summers sound incredible...soak in all that family time!
Congrats on your win!
Hard to believe that summer is almost over. But it sounds like you all had a great day to end your summer.
I'm glad you had such a great day with your family! I know exactly what you mean about the falling asleep thing. There is nothing quite as sweet as a child sleeping on your shoulder. I can't even imaging how much sweeter that experience will be when it's our child! :) Summer has flown by very quickly...I'm feeling it too!!
Melba
Sounds like a nice end-to-summer celebration!
It just hit me this morning that our summer is coming to an end as well. We'll hang onto each day as hard as we can, and play as much as possible!!! :-)
Sounds like a great day to me!
Sounds like a great day to me!
Glad you had a great day to end the summer. I was a little sad that the movie isn't good, the reviews on tv looked like it would be cute but thanks for the warning. Congrats on another win...
Cass didn't last through Kung Fu Panda...she said "This is way too scary for a five year old!" We left. I was SOOO thankful. The pool is what we love most.
Joe is not around much during the day:(
Cece
Aw, sounds like a really fun family day! I can't believe the end of summer is creeping up on us so quickly.
what a great tradition! You posting about holding AGirl during the movie while she slept being the best thing about the movie melted my heart!
I soooo miss my kids wanting to cuddle up on me or with me. They grow up so fast *sigh* Glad ya'll enjoyed your together time!
What a great idea!!
I just found your blog through one of the giveaways. I had to say "hi" because my family has been blessed by adoption as well! We have 2 beautiful kids, both born in Korea, that are the light of our lives!
It sounds like you had a wonderful time together. And you'll have more to look forward to next summer.
Post a Comment