little Jman made it home today!
Sister and I greeted him at the church and we were so excited to see him!
Now, let me just say...........
he did not smell the best!
And, all he would say was, "I hated that shower there!"
The funniest stories I've heard so far from the leaders were about trying to get my son to shower! Can not wait for more stories from the leaders!!
So, we get home and after greeting Dad, I send him right to the bath!
He gets out and............his hair does not pass smell inspection! "Did you not wash your hair?!!" What's up with that?!!
Dad gets that head under the sink and scrubs it clean!
Boys!
OH, and then I find the toothbrush and toothpaste........never unpacked, opened, or used the entire time!
Gross!
Boys!
This is what friend Mary and I talked about. Our boys won't shower, brush teeth, or change underwear for 4 days!! EEEWWWW! Then we just had to decide we couldn't do anything about it and that it wouldn't kill them!
EEEWWW!
He was excited to tell us all about the crazy, funny skits, the 'cool dudes' that did the music and worship time, and all the wild games and activities.
He said his favorite part was during the sanctuary time. (After that initial tough first night, of course!) He liked the music and all the crazy fun activities! He had so much fun with N, and S, and T! It was good bonding time with church friends.
I asked him if he learned anything special.
"What do you mean?"
"About the word, that God showed you or told you, etc." (kind of the point of you going.....!)
"Well, the narrow path is really hard but, the wide path is very easy to use so lots of people make bad choices and go that way. I think I will like it much better on the narrow path!". "Jesus has to help you on the narrow path because it is not easy!"
He listened! He heard! Halleluah!
He's tired but, hasn't stopped! Ran some errands with me and just left to go see his buddy across the street!
And tonight, he's brushing those teeth for 20 minutes!!!
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:13-14










7 thoughts shared:
Oh boys!! The good news is, MOST of them grow out of it! :) I love that verse.....I think it says a lot about the "gates" of adoption. Glad your little man is home!
You make me laugh -- or maybe it is your son that makes me laugh!!:)
It sounds like he had a relly great time and will have memories from his first camp experience to remember for a lifetime!
I am sure that you will finally get some sleep tonight!
Ok, they do not grow out of it...left to their own devises they would not shower! Except when you are a teenager....it can go either way. Eman did not brush his teeth the entire time we were on our anniversary vacation because he didn't know how to "unpack it from his camp bag".
CeCE
Hahahahah! That totally cracked me up. He didn't even open the toothpaste???
So glad he's back, and I'm especially happy that he was able to tell you what he learned.
Welcome Home JMAN!
This post had me laughing and grimmacing at the same time! Boys!
sweet! oh yes, the gross boy camp experience - who wants to stop having fun to "groom"?
Wow, I so remember those days. Then it went to Eric taking 3-4 showers a day. I was afraid I would go broke buying grooming products. Thankfuully, he has reached a good balance.
I love reading about the kids since I seldom get to see them.
Post a Comment