We had SO much fun on our trip together! We didn't have to go far from home for the things we did which was nice.
First stop, Splashtown! This water park was perfect for us. Not as large as the other more popular ones in the areas but, the perfect size for our two kids. It wasn't too big or too spread out that Agirl got tired of walking. There were rides that were just big enough for Jman and Dad to enjoy together and the perfect amount of things appropriate for Agirl's size and age. It was clean and safe.
No pictures unfortunately of our time there! I didn't get a waterproof camera and was not going to leave my digital laying around. Too bad there are no pictures because we had a BLAST!!! Hard to express in just words! Next time, I get a waterproof cam!
Top 5 things I learned while at the water park:
1. 5+ hours at a water fun park with my two kids and hubby is extremely FUN! I wanna go back soon! The tickets and parking were expensive, the food and drinks were outrageous but, the fun that we all had together was priceless!! As I always say, I have so much fun experiencing things through the eyes of my kids. Watching them is most of the fun!
2. Not only apply but, REAPPLY sunscreen! We're all a bit fried!! (Except for Jman but, that's the Hispanic genes he's blessed with! He just gets browner!) And, don't rely on the SPF factor of your makeup, which is going to wash off quickly anyway, duh!
3. 39 is not the new 29!!!!!! After 5+ hours at said water park, my body did not feel 29, did not look 29, and was not moving like I was 29!!! I was tired! Coach and I limped to the car! HA!
4. Modesty for too many people is dead!! My daughter will never, ever, shmever wear some of the things I saw young girls wearing there! I would never, ever, shmever wear some of the things I saw grown women wearing there!!
4. Modesty for too many people is dead!! My daughter will never, ever, shmever wear some of the things I saw young girls wearing there! I would never, ever, shmever wear some of the things I saw grown women wearing there!!
I tried shopping for a new swimsuit before we went (I've worn mine for....well, since Jman was a baby!!). Outside of the fact that I'm 10+ lbs. over where I'd like to be for a shopping trip like that, and outside of the fact that a lady in the stall next to me at Kohl's asked why I was crying.........I couldn't find anything that was somewhere between Pamela Anderson on the cover of Sports Illustrated and Bea Arthur on The Golden Girls!!!! SAD!!!! I don't want anything that no one but my husband should see showing out in public! Can I get an AMEN?!
5. Well, there's only 4. I deleted #5 b/c it may not have sounded very nice and I don't want to offend or hurt any feelings--including my own!, not my intention! It just basically had to do with #4 anyway. I wish modesty were a priority for more people!
There's more of the trip to come later....with pictures!
Blessings!









13 thoughts shared:
glad you had fun - we may have to try Splashtown with our kids - I'm thinking Schlitterbahn is still too much!
So glad you are home! Sounds like you had lots of fun! Love the comment about Pam Anderson & Bea Arthur!!! TOOO FUNNY!
So glad to hear that you all had a BLAST!!! Amen to #4!!!
Gail Lewis said. . .
AMEN! You should see what some of the Russian women wear around here. You would be amazed with what people wear under white! The other day I saw a woman at the donut shop wearing a see through shirt that completely revealed the undergarments. You can't ignore it when IT is serving your donuts! Glad you had a good time with your family. We miss you all.
Hey Becky,
I have given you an award, check out my blog to accept it.
AMEN SISTA....I wish there was something between hoochie coochie momma and Golden Girls. Don't these bathing suit designers KNOW that not everyone is size 4? I think one of our smart friends (with creative sewing talents) should design cute, tasteful but not boring swim suits for curvy women like me:)
CeCE
Amen, Amen, Amen!!!
A few years ago I found some swim shorts at Academy. They aren't the flimsy material that sticks to you when wet so they hold their form before and after the pool. So, I wear the shorts and a separate tank top/swim shirt. (Well, I do when I'm not in a "I just had a baby" body.) So nice not to have to worry about things falling out, sliding up, slipping down... you get the picture. Try going that route for a suit. You may never go back to a regular swim suit again!
Glad you are back and sorry to have miss Angel A all week at camp!
I love "shmever"! Glad you had fun!
Anderson & Arthur...What a strange swimsuit company that would be!!! :o)
Becky- I just love to hear about your experiences with your children. I can just feel the love you have for them and how much you enjoy them. What a wonderful world this would be if more people would soak up the simple, yet wonderful things about life!
You are hilarious!
I also second the swim shorts from acadmey. I wear those with a swim top and then a tank on top of that.
We will have to get all our girls to hang out together when they are wearing their modest suits!! We just can't call it a commune and start wearing our hair fluffy!
Amen sister! Everything is either hoochie mama or grandmama- neither of which I am- thank goodness!
Glad you had a fun trip! Welcome home!
I SO hear you on the bathing suit shopping! That is pretty much the worst of shopping for a woman...and there is never anything that works in all respects. I feel like I have to sacrifice some aspect of my personal comfort level when it comes to bathing suits. All I can say is THANK GOD for cover-ups!! I also hear you about the exhaustion you feel after a day at the water park. There is a great one not far from my house that I like to visit. Something about the combo of the sun and water all day just knocks me out. Glad you had fun though...you definitely do have to get an underwater camera next time, they are a blast too!
Melba
Post a Comment