Thursday, July 24, 2008

Gotta get training!



I'll be in training soon! Check out the new ticker on the top of my sidebar!

2 months until the MS walk and Fun Run! Saturday, September 27, 2008!

This is SO IMPORTANT to me and I am SO EXCITED to be able to participate.

Many of you know why..............because my sister has MS. And, a sweet friend at church was recently diagnosed.

If you live near me and would like to join me, please let me know!! You may live near the location of the MS walk I'm doing and if you'd like to find out where it is, e-mail me. (I don't put area specific info. about were I am here.)
If you're joining me, I'm getting all the info. together now about getting us registered and instructions on how to gather donations. I'll have that soon!

I've got to start spending lots of time on my treadmill. We've got to become best friends over the next two months. I'm going to rely on it to help prepare me for this 5 mile venture. I am not going to complain! And if you hear me complaining, you may remind me why I am doing this!

I'm going to walk because...............I can! And because.............many with MS can not! There are advances being made in medical research to fight MS. I'm glad I can help raise funds to make that possible! It's personal to me!! It affects someone I love and I want it GONE!

If you'd like to know if there is a walk/run near you, scroll down my sidebar and click on the box with the purple iris outline that says, "Praying for Aunt Suzanne and Amy". That will link you to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society home page. Scroll to the bottom and click on the Walk/Run button.

I can hear the Rocky theme music starting now................

Blessings,
post signature

12 thoughts shared:

Rebekah said...

You go girl!!! My best friends did a breast cancer walk a few years back and walked away inspired. And what a good excuse to use to whip yourself into shape!!

Nessa said...

I am so impressed and inspired! I've never done anything like that, but would like to try. I suppose they let fat people walk slowly, right?

Kimberly said...

You go, Becky! I love that there are so many walks that we are able to get involved in to help those who have touched our lives and others like them. I will be praying for you as you and your treadmill become great friends. My treadmill isn't so happy with me as I ignore it... a lot!

Blessings! And thank you for your sweet encouragement!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing go get em girl! I have done a mini one of these before but I have always wanted to do the breast cancer 3 day walk but have just never trained for it. Good luck with the training, my treadmill doesn't see much of me, but that is all about to change.

Have a great weekend.

Melba said...

GOOD FOR YOU!! This is awesome, and it feels so good to do something good for you that's also towards a great cause. I did the 8-mile walk for diabetes way back when, and it was sooo exhilarating! Good luck with your training.

Melba

alice said...

While you are at it, you should join us for the hundred push up challenge...

I'd like more info. please....

Dee.. said...

Thanks for dropping by iwantitvmuch. I love it when someone tells me that they now have a wonderful family through adoption!! I'm really looking forward to it if my IF treatments fail.
Your family looks very blissed out! wow. I really can't wait to have my own too.

LL said...

That is awesome Becky! I am also inspired and impressed by you! Best wishes with the training, I think that would be the hardest part for me, putting down the bag of chips and actually getting on the treadmill. ; )

Genny said...

I love how you said you want to walk because you CAN. And I love your passion to help. I've done the breast cancer and other cancer walks, and they are always so powerful to be a part of. They really do make a difference. Best of luck to you on your training and in the walk!

Tracey said...

I'VE TAGGED YOU FOR A TELL ALL...DROP BY MY BLOG TOMORROW 7/27 FOR THE DETAILS!

Elizabeth said...

This is such a great thing you're doing, Becky! Lots of luck getting in treadmill shape! We like to join the walks for autism when we can but they don't take this kind of training.

brickmomma said...

You know I'm in if wedding plans permit ;)